11

Chris's POV

"Oh, why so quiet now? Are you scared?" he chuckled.

I kept my hand gripped tightly onto Raegan's side while I watch her little brother tremble at the sight of the gun. I slowly stepped forward before Malcolm began waving the gun around like a mad man.

"You better stop moving, b*tch before I shoot you," he barked.

I obeyed his order before Raegan started talking. And I must say, she knows when to talk too much in the worse situations.

"Malcolm that is a punk move! Are you scared Chris is going to beat your a**? I bet you are that's why you brought out a gun. Go home to drunk of a mother already and leave us the hell alone!"

Malcolm began to pace back and forth while his face turned a fiery red.

"You know what..." he stopped.

Malcolm began to hold the gun up to be symmetrical with my chest. I stared at him while his eyes shifted back in forth in fear of what he was going to do next. My heart was steady but I continued to show no fear. I held Raegan's hand tightly as she sobbed. Malcolm's anger seemed to build the more he saw me in the position he wanted to be.

The sound of the gun echoed through the house. I kept my eyes glued to Malcolm's face while I waited on the bullet to pierce my skin. The wait was longer and longer when Raegan finally screamed. The bullet didn't hit me, but it hit Henry. I let my guard drop as Henry fell to the floor. The shift of my movement left Raegan vulnerable and Malcolm took his shot soon followed by, "If I can't have you, no one can." I quickly dove in front of Raegan taking the bullet to my abdomen. Malcolm rushed out of the house just as he had come in. Raegan didn't know what to do. She ran back and forth between me and Henry. I could feel the pain taking over my body when I reached for her.

"Call the ambulance..." I barely spoke. The words flowed from my mouth just as the blood dripped down my face.

"Chris, stay with me. Please Chris stay with me," she panicked.

My eyes began to close and the world faded away...

Raegan's POV

Chris's eyes shut and my heart fell to my feet. I reached over and grabbed Henry's phone to call the emergency department.

"911, what is your emergency?"

"My friend and my brother have been shot please send someone here. My friend won't respond to me anymore. I need help. Please! Help me!"

My words ran together so quickly that the operator asked me to calm down and repeat what I said the minute before. I repeated myself and she sent the emergency crew on the way.

The ambulance quickly shipped Chris and Henry off to the hospital. They provided me with a sedative to calm my nerves so that I could tell them the full story. The police began to tape off the house with crime scene tape and asked me to pack what I could and find another place to stay. Luckily, my parents had an apartment downtown and I could go there for a while. I packed my clothes, clothes for Chris, and clothes for Henry and made my way out to my car. I prayed that I wouldn't run into Malcolm any time soon and that the police would catch him before he caught me.

I got into my car and ran my hands through my hair while I exhaled.What a night, what a night. My hand shook as I prepared to crank my car. The engine roared through the neighborhood as I sped down the busy roads. I rushed over to the hospital to find both Chris and Henry in the Intensive Care Unit. I roamed the hallways of the hospital. A nurse stopped me in my tracks as I tried to turn down a vacant hallway.

"Are you okay, Miss?"

I nodded at her slowly when she pointed out the blood drenching my tank. I looked down and ran my hands over the shirt realizing I was covered in both my friend's and my brother's blood. The nurse continued down the hall as I stopped and stood against the wall. I was tempted to rip the shirt off my body but I knew I couldn't. My back slid down the wall as my body formed an upright fetal position. I began to cry profusely into my knees as I remembered the night I was just a part of. I felt as if my world was crashing down. First it was my parents then my brother and Chris. I messed around and let my family down by going out with Malcolm. As I sat and cried, my phone began to ring.

"Hello," I spoke.

"Hey, Rae. I heard about you and your family and I wanted to tell you I was sorry." Michael whispered.

"Are you around the baby?"

Michael confirmed his whereabouts and I sighed deeply.

"Go to the bathroom." I demanded.

"Alright, what's up, Rae? What went down tonight?"

"Malcolm came out of nowhere. Chris was at my house and they got into it and Malcolm shot him and my brother." I replied. I began to ask myself how this all happened. I wondered how I even got into this situation. My mother always tried to help me get my life under control but I never listened to her.

Michael's voice began to soothe my emotions into a putty-like substance. My heart raced as Tyga continued to talk about how angry and upset he was with the entire situation. I couldn't speak because I was for a loss for words. All of my emotions were taking over my body.

"You like this Chris guy don't you?" Michael asked.

I smiled to myself as I remember the soft skin that once touched my fingertips.

"Yes, I do. It's weird huh. Not my type?" I acquired.

Michael chuckled before responding, "Not really but I think it'll work out for you."

I sighed into the phone before I heard Tyga's baby girl crying through the phone.

"Come on, baby girl. You've got to go to sleep before your momma gets here." He spoke in a heavy accent.

I laughed at Michael's begging tone before his line went silent.

"Michael?" I croaked.

"Uh. Yeah, Rae I'm here."

"What's going on? You okay, Ty?"

"Yeah, uh. You seen the news lately?" he questioned.

I shook my head at his question then responded, "No I haven't. Why? Should I?" I panicked.

"You do know that Malcolm is wanted right now? His picture was on the news at 11."

I stood up from the floor and ran into the waiting room. Sure enough, Malcolm's picture flashed across the screen as the news anchor spoke about the accident.

"Surveillance cameras show that 18 year old Courtney Williams is the drunk driver behind the six car pileup earlier this evening. Courtney is wanted for Driving While Intoxicated and the killing of four individuals in the state of New Jersey. It is now being said that he is a prime suspect for the shooting of 17 year old Christopher Brown and 15 year old Henry Shaw. If you see Williams or his vehicle description, please contact your local police department."

My mouth fell open and I dropped the phone from my ear...