17

Chris's POV

I stirred in my sleep when my phone began ringing. My eyes fluttered open and I gently lifted Carmen's body off my own. I rubbed my eyes and glanced at my phone. Raegan's face flashed across the screen. I stared at her picture until Carmen rubbed my hand. I looked over at her and she tucked her head into my chest.

"Answer it," she whispered.

I slid my finger across the red "rejection" key and put the phone back on the table. I sighed and rubbed my face in frustration. My eyes began to feel glossy and I chewed my bottom lip. Sooner than later, she called again. I tapped the rejection key once again and she sent me a text message.

Raegan:

I'm sober just answer me please.

I read the message and Carmen turned over against my body. She was sound asleep and I rubbed her arm slowly before Raegan called again. I sat up and laid Carmen down on the couch slowly. I went out to the back patio and sighed. I answered the phone.

"Hey, Chris," she whined.

I huffed lightly and rubbed my chin waiting for her to go on.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know what I was doing and I was horny I guess. I needed it and I really do love you Chris. I do," she paused.

I could almost hear the lie she was thinking in her head. I knew she was going to lie. I knew her well enough to know she could lie to get herself out of something.

"I just love you. I didn't even like the sex Christopher," she blew air out of her mouth.

I chuckled at her as my eyes began to water. My eyelids were damp and I looked down at my shoes.

"You didn't like it?" my voice shook.

"No," she responded blankly.

"You're a liar. I heard you tell Malcolm you love him. Who do you love, Raegan? Me or him? You can't love us both," I whispered.

She sighed through the phone and I could tell the answer I wanted, she wasn't going to give me. The line fell silent when I heard Malcolm's voice in the background. I smirked as tears ran down my face.

"Good Morning, baby. Who is that you're talking to?" he asked her.

She waited to answer him for a while but finally answered him.

"Nobody important," her voice was hard and cold. After that, I hung up the phone. My lips twisted and I fell to the ground. My legs were tucked under me as I hunched over grabbing my stomach. I felt sick, as if someone ripped my heart right out of me. My head was in my chest as I ran my fingers through my hair. I felt a pair of hands run down my back and I looked up to see Carmen's face. She had tears running down her face while she tried to pull me up. My body was limp but I stood anyway. She walked me in the house and pulled my shirt off of my body. We talked at slow pace to her bedroom and she pushed me on the bed. Her hands roamed my pants and she stuffed them into my pockets. She pulled out anything that would be hazardous to me and gripped them in her hand.

"I'm not going to let you cut yourself," she sighed.

I looked at her and reached for the razor she put in her hand. She snatched her hand and stared at me.

"No. I will not let you do that," she yelled.

I turned over and stuffed my face into the pillow as I sobbed. Carmen ran her hands against my back before she straddled me. She massaged it in slow circles before I started speaking.