T w e n t y S e v e n

Two months later

The past couple of months have been a blur of funeral prep, will readings, court attending, hearings, trials, and graduation stuff. There's been so much stuff going on, I haven't even been able to mourn the loss of my mom. It's just one thing after another after another.

After my dad tried to force me to move in with him and his wife, GinaAnn decided that wasn't happening. She took him to court to try and gain custody of me. Of course my dad was livid about it and refused to let me continue living with the Riggs. But since I'm almost eighteen, I was able to speak for myself to some extent. My dad ended up losing custody of me, but I had to move out of the Riggs' home and in with Lizzy and her mom.

Lizzy's mom is now my legal guardian for the next five months until I turn eighteen. My dad is still technically my father, but he has no say in anything that happens in my life.

"Savanna," Lizzy whispers, nudging my arm. "He's about to go."

I look towards the stage to try and find Chandler. Sure enough, he's about to walk up. I frantically grab my phone and start recording.

"Chandler Carlton Riggs," the announcer calls.

We all clap and cheer as Chandler waves shyly at us before walking up the steps. He walks across the stage and is handed his diploma.

I look at William and GinaAnn who both have tears in their eyes. It's understandable since this is their first kid graduating from high school.

About forty five minutes later, the ceremony ends and the five of us meet Chandler outside of the school. He and Sam still have their graduation robes on and they're both grinning like idiots.

"Hey babe," Chandler whispers with a smile as he plants a kiss on my lips.

"Come on guys. Pictures. I need pictures," GinaAnn announces, attempting to place us where she wants us.

~

"We can't stay up here," I sigh, pulling away from Chandler.

"Why not?" Chandler whines, connecting our lips again. He runs his hand through my braids as his kisses trail from my mouth to my neck.

"It's your graduation party," I manage to say, barely stifling a moan in the process.

Chandler doesn't answer. Instead, he blindly feels around his nightstand, continuing to kiss and suck on my neck.

"Don't leave a mark, please," I beg as Chandler pulls a condom out of the drawer in his nightstand. "Oh my god. Not now!"

"Why?" He chuckles, tugging at the hem of my shirt.

"Chandler, oh my god," I laugh, slapping his hand away from my shirt. As I stare into Chandler's bright blue eyes, I realize I kind of actually want to have sex with him. Not right now, but maybe soon. If I'm being honest, I don't know how much longer we can wait.

Chandler returns to kissing me on the lips as his door swings open, slamming against the wall. It startles me, causing me to jump and break the kiss with Chandler.

"Really, Savanna?" A familiar voice calls from the doorway.

I quickly try to make myself look decent before finally looking up to see who's at the door. I have to stare for a while to make sure I'm not seeing things. This can't be happening.

"Cameron?" I whisper in disbelief. I feel Chandler put his arm around me and scoot closer to me.

"You really left me for him?" Cameron spits, venom dripping from his words.

"You cheated on me. Do y-"

"I was talking," Cameron cuts me off.

"Don't talk to her like that," Chandler commands, standing up.

I feel my heart pound in my chest as Chandler's touch leaves me. I remain sitting on his bed, unable to move.

"You wanna sit back down?" Cameron offers. It's more of a demand than a suggestion.

"How did you even get inside my house?" Chandler demands. He clenches his fists as he steps toward Cameron.

Their conversation becomes a blur as the room starts to spin. I dizzily stand up and walk to the bathroom that used to connect Chandler and I's rooms.

"Savanna?" Chandler calls.

I ignore him and walk through my old room and down the stairs into the living room. There's music blasting and people talking. The smell of food gives me the sudden urge to vomit, so I make my way to the front door.

"Savanna?" Lizzy questions, grabbing me by the shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Just need some air," I manage. I stumble outside, immediately met with the warm, Georgia summer air. I decide to take a walk to clear my head.

How the hell did Cameron get here? Why did he come here? What does he want?

Questions swirl around my mind as I begin to walk back to the Riggs' home. I spot Chandler rushing out of their house and across the lawn, so I start to make my way across the street.

"Savanna!" Chandler screams just before the loud sound of a horn honking fills my ears.

Chandler's voice is the last one I hear before I see a bright white light, followed by darkness.