F o u r t e e n

As I'm finishing up my makeup, a car horn honks outside. That must be Sam. He's picking up Chandler, Grayson, and I. Speaking of Sam, he and Lizzy are the only people that know about Chandler and I. Grayson doesn't even know yet. There's not really much to know anyway. We're not a thing.

There's a knock at my door followed by Chandler announcing, "Sam's here!"

I grab my backpack and follow Chandler downstairs. Grayson's already in the backseat and Lizzy's in the front. Chandler and I squeeze into the back next to Grayson, Chandler in the middle.

"Who's excited for the first day back to school?" Sam mutters, unenthusiastically.

"No one," we all reply.

"Let's get this over with," Sam mumbles as he speeds away from our house.

~

"This is it Chandler," Sam says as he and Chandler stare at the high school. "The beginning of the end."

"Oh my god. You're seniors. Big whoop," Grayson spits.

"Awwww you're just mad because you're a little freshman!" Sam teases.

"Will you stop?" I snap. "Let's just- let's just own whatever grade we're going in to." If I'm being completely honest, I'm a little jealous of Chandler and Sam. I'm a junior, so I've got another two years ahead of me. And Lizzy's a sophomore which isn't the most exciting grade.

"You coming?" Lizzy asks, breaking me from my daydream.

"Yeah. Let's go," I smile and follow her inside.

The school is huge and way nicer than my old high school. Banners cover the walls and the sound of teenagers gossiping fills the air.

"Savanna," Grayson taps my arm. "Let's go." Grayson and I, since he's a freshman and I'm new, have to see the counselor for our schedules.

"Bye Lizzy. See ya after school," I whisper. She waves at me and follows Sam down the hallway.

"I'll come with you," Chandler offers.

The three of us walk to the counselors office. There's a line of kids already waiting, so we join them.

"Have you told anyone?" Chandler asks, just above a whisper. It takes me a second to realize what he's talking about.

"No, not yet. I don't know if I'm ready," I admit. A kid leaves the office and we all take a step forward in the line. 

"I'm ready whenever you are," Chandler whispers with a smirk.

I blush and punch him in the arm playfully. "Stop. We aren't even a thing," I inform him.

He makes a pouty face. "But we could be."

"I don't want people to judge us. I mean, I just broke up with Cameron. You just broke up with Brianna. Don't you think it's a little soon?" I ask, still trying to keep my voice low.

"Who cares what people say? We-"

"Me," I cut him off. "I care. People blame me for your brake up with Brianna."

"No one blames you," Chandler assures.

"Have you been on Instagram lately?" I snap.

"Those are just angry briandler shippers. Ignore them," Chandler tells me. He places his hand on my shoulder and I take a deep breath.

We step forward in line again and Grayson steps into the office. Chandler and I wait in silence for him to return.

After a few minutes, Grayson exits the office with a crisp, hot pink piece of paper. He flashes it in our faces and I walk into the office.