twenty

"YESSS!" Ebony gasped when I stepped out of the dressing room, awkwardly checking around the room before letting Ebony see me in the bikini. It was a mixed neon floral bikini, a padded wrap-around top with cutouts in the side, and the bottoms had ruched sides.

"You look hot!" Ebony assured me. I blushed and let my hair fall in front of my face as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Though I normally hate being so damn skinny, I had to admit my bum and chest looks pretty good, and I seem a bit curvier than usual in this bikini.

"Should I get it?" I asked. Ebony looked at me like I was stupid before nodding vigorously.

"Um, yes?" She said flatly. I laughed and went back into my stall, changing back into my clothes and putting the bikini in my bag, along with a few tops, some bandeaus, and a few pairs of underwear.

"Okay, let's go pay." I said, leading Ebony to the till. We paid for our clothes and carried the bags out of the shop, heading to Fossil next. Next week the boys are going to LA to do some recording for their single before starting on tour with Mcfly. I was honestly incredibly excited, because at a meeting James and I had with Joe yesterday he informed me I was going as well, and had already arranged my passport and ticket.

"What about this?" Ebony asked, holding up a flashy necklace.

"For you, yes." I nodded. Ebony and I spent about twenty minutes inside, leaving with a ton of stuff. My new obsession was rings, and I got tons of them, already excited to load them onto my fingers at home.

"So you and James have been going out for two months now." Ebony pointed out casually as we found a table in Starbucks, setting our bags down next to us and sipping her drink.

"Yep, two months as of Tuesday." I nodded, taking a drink of my iced green tea, which was James' favourite and slowly becoming mine.

"So have you two, you know...?" Ebony asked, wiggling her eyebrows when I gave her a confused look. I choked on my tea and shook my head vigorously.

"Oh my god, no!" I gasped, glancing around us to make sure nobody was listening.

"Nobody can hear us, relax." Ebony laughed. I blushed furiously and took an angry drink of my tea.

"Still, that's so... personal." I blushed. Ebony shrugged, giggling.

"Well you and James are my best friends, I think I should know about this when it does happen." Ebony said simply, fiddling with her phone.

"Yes, well... wait, is that, like, supposed to happen soon?" I asked, my stomach dropping. Shit, even if it wasn't real, it was stressful.

"I don't know. I mean, there's no time it's supposed to happen, but you are attractive and James is attractive and you've been together for quite a while, I mean it's bound to happen sometime." Ebony explained. I bit my lip, nodding slowly. This was going to be a hard one to fake.

"I guess you're right. Wait, do you think he'll try anything while we're in LA?" I asked.

"With Dean and Joe and the boys? Uh, no." Ebony laughed. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled, taking a drink.

"I'm so excited to go to America." I said wistfully, twirling my straw in my drink.

"I'm so excited for you to lose it." Ebony said in the same tone. I gasped and slapped her arm.

"What makes you think that it'll be, you know..."

"Uh, you're adorable and the look on your face when I brought it up." Ebony answered before I even finished the question. I blushed bright red and bit my lip.