[ 1 ] Trust Your Instincts

Original Stats:
2.2K Views. 69 Votes. 52 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Trust Your Instincts

━━━━━━━━━

I watched as the clock ticked forward, slower than I had ever seen it move before. I huffed and picked up my pencil once more, realizing that these last stupid five minutes before lunch got out, weren't going to move unless I did something. I scanned over my textbook once more. Why on earth did we need to understand our chip? I'm not lying when I say Mr. Davenport made an entire textbook with about fifty different sections. We use this thing in every class. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"What?" I whispered, sounding more annoyed than I had wished to. The boy held up his hands in defense before pointing up to the front of the classroom.

"Want to get out of class do we?" He whispered teasingly. I smiled and nodded.

"Maybe. Sorry about that." I whispered. He laughed and shook his head.

"No problem. I probably would have done the same to you if you were the one that told me Chase Davenport-"

"Hello." Chase interrupted. I spun around the second I heard the boy's voice. I hadn't seen him in person since orientation. That had been four months ago. I was starting to think I wouldn't ever see him again. I felt a small smile creep onto my face as he caught my eye. He smirked and tapped his forehead discretely while the teacher introduced his real reason for being here.

I haven't seen you in a while. Been avoiding me?

Nope, just my luck I guess.

I consider it the opposite to be in my presence.

Well you surely think a lot of yourself.

I laughed as he held a hurt look on his face. He finally smiled before looking back to the teacher.

"You know him?" The boy behind me asked. I shook my head.

"Not well. We talked for like twenty seconds at orientation." I countered. The boy's smile lifted back to his face before he held out his hand to me.

"Marcus Greenberg." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Bree Henderson." I replied before a snap at the front of the classroom brought me back.

"Are you still in Bree?" Chase called as he held up a form. I frowned as I tried to take a closer look. What the hell was he talking about?

"What?" I called. He smiled teasingly before he walked over to my side and set the sign up sheet on my desk.

"The games. Are you still in?" Chase whispered against my neck. He let his hand travel up and down my arm. I shivered slightly before shaking my head, trying to clear my mind from Chase Davenport. He meant nothing.

"Yeah, I'm in... Has anyone... Anyone else sighed up?" I asked, stumbling along as my mind continued to draw a blank. He smirked down at me before leaning in once more.

"Maybe your boyfriend can sign up. What's his name?" Chase whispered. I shook my head, pulling away from him at the mention.

"I don't have a boyfriend." I defended. He smiled.

"Good." He muttered under his breath as he turned to Marcus.

"So, are you up for the games?" Chase hissed as he slapped the paper down on Marcus' desk. Marcus eyes widened as the entire class turned to look at us. I could hear the mumbles of, chicken, Bree, and the games being shared around the room. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the two boys at my side.