[ 14 ] Game On

Original Stats:
710 Views. 37 Votes. 26 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Game On

━━━━━━━━━

It was like a bell went off within the guys while I simply stood there, unknowing of what to do next. I could see a bridge going out of the castle behind me, water surrounding the entire castle like a moat. What seemed to be the only bridge on the way out of here came out from behind me as well. Then, just far enough out, was the woods. I knew I would probably end up way out there. That would be the only safe place it seemed.

I glanced back to the center of the castle to see Chase jump out at Marcus and attempt to take him down. Right when Marcus was about to strike, Chase disappeared into thin air. I frowned before remembering I had geoleaping as well. I needed to get out of here before the guys remembered there was still a girl in here that they could beat up. They'd take me out first for sure. The prize was too big not to.

I closed my eyes and pictures the woods, instantly feeling and hearing a crunch beneath my feet as I glanced around to see tree upon tree upon tree. This was bad.
There was nothing out here. Absolutely nothing. All I had was my bionics to protect against the four of them. This sucked.

Did you make it out?

I felt my heart begin to beat faster at that message. This was bad. If we could message, and even worse yet, Chase could message, he could find me. I couldn't message him back with that on the line. But at the same time, I felt like he needed to know I was okay. Screw it.

I did, and I'm guess you're out of the castle as well?

I stamped my foot against the ground in impatience as I glanced around. I guess I could climb a tree...

I did. I'm in the woods if you want to team up.

Chase offered. He offered to team up. It didn't help any that I could practically feel
the world watching as we messaged. I wouldn't put it past Davenport to display that as well as our combat. I breathed a sigh of relief at that. I was hoping one of them would want to form an alliance. I frowned as I heard a noise off to the side. I looked up to see a microscopic camera up in the tree.

"Nice hiding, Davenport." I mumbled as I contemplated what to tell Chase. I needed to get into a hiding spot first. I shook my head as I geoleap we up into the tree. Up here, hopefully everyone would run right past me as I could stick it out this way. How were we supposed to tell who was out of the games, anyways?

Bree?

I bit hard into my lip. I did want to team up with him. But at the same time, I almost didn't want to. I felt like it would come down to the two of us. If it did, I was afraid I would simply give it to him. Or he would bow out and strike himself to let me win. Plus, I f we formed an alliance, everyone would be after us as well.

Give me a second, I think I hear something.

I answered back stupidly. He would know I didn't know what to do. He was Chase, he knew everything.

Too bad, if we were allies right now, I could come help :P

I rolled my eyes and pulled myself tighter against the top of the tree. Hopefully this would hold me. I needed to stay up here.

I clenched my hand tighter around my knee as a brush of the leaves caught my attention. I glanced down to see Marcus stop and look around, almost like he was assessing the area as a potential battle ground. Now I really need to stay up here. I bit the inside of my cheek as I tried to keep quiet. I was pretty sure he had super sensitive bionic hearing like Chase, so I was definitely going out first.