[ 7 ] The Truth Comes Out

Original Stats:
1.9 Views. 72 Votes. 46 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

The Truth Comes Out

━━━━━━━━━

"Bree you're fine." Chase whispered. My eyes flew open as I felt the cool ground underneath me once more. "Come on." He whispered as he pulled me up off the ground. I shook my head as I threw the glasses to the other side of the room. I glanced from side to side to see that the others were still cleaning, just as they were when I volunteered to go into the simulator first. It wasn't exactly surprising that they didn't notice I had fallen on my face and was screaming because Chase was not only about to take me out of the games, but was about to kill me.

I jumped out of Chase's hold and walked off to the others before Chase caught me by the arm. He spun me around to face him with certainty.

"What was that? Was I going to hurt you in there?" Chase asked worriedly. I shook my head. Knowing him, he would be able to enter my thoughts and see exactly what I was seeing. The moment when Chase turned on me and decided that scaring me for life and winning the games himself would be for the best. All was fine until we found out Marcus was out in there. I blinked once as Chase waved his hand over my eyes.

"No, I was just..." I left off, not knowing where to pick up at. I could tell him the truth. But that would also make me sound weak. I couldn't have that. Not when I was the only girl, and the one with only two technical abilities.... And the one everyone was falling for. I could probably use that against them in the games now that I think about it.

"I did, or not me, the simulation of me. You do know the simulator brings out your worst fears for that particular situation. What did I do?" Chase whispered in a more hushed tone than before. I shook my head before Chase narrowed his glance my way. "Fine, it's either that or I watch the footage." Chase gave in with a sly smile. I felt my heart drop as my eyes closed surely.

"Okay... Okay. I'll tell you." I caved without another thought. He smiled happily before one thought came to mind. "But only if you give me my ability." I bargained. He laughed and nodded before holding out his hand to me.

"You can tell me while your chip is being updated." Chase teased as I took his hand. He smiled before leading me off to the door, instantly catching the attention of the other three guys. Shocker. Chase has my hand and they all finally look over.

"Hey, where do you think you're taking her?" Adam called as he dropped what he was doing and raced over. Chase shrugged, slightly clenching his hand tighter around my own.

"I heard her scream. What did you do to her?" Marcus hissed through his teeth. I will admit, he was a little overprotective, not that Chase wasn't either. But I did like Marcus a little more than I was willing to admit. But then Adam was just plain jealous. Not that that wasn't endearing as well. And he was definitely beginning to grow on me too. Each of the boys had about the same qualities. Scarily so.

"To the testing room. Something went wrong with her chip in the simulator. I need to make sure she'll be okay for the games. Any of you got a problem with that?" Chase covered with ease. I nodded, knowing that was the most likely event rather than what had actually happened. Marcus rolled his eyes as Leo jumped to Adam's side.

"That's more than okay. As long as Bree is okay in time to be my ally in the games." Leo teased with a wink my way. I held back a laugh as Adam, Marcus, and Chase all looked as though they were about to throw Leo across the room.

"Come on." I muttered as I pulled Chase out of the room. "We'll see you guys in a minute." I called back before Chase closed the door. I sighed as we walked through the completely empty hallway to the end where the testing lab was. I pulled up the time to see school had ended half an hour ago. I frowned and reached out to grab Chase's arm before we were able to walk in.