[ 15 ] Turning On Them All

Original Stats:
897 Views. 36 Votes. 23 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Turning On Them All

━━━━━━━━━

I sighed and leaned back against the dark wood of the tree as Adam continued to attempt to make a fire. This was party pointless. It might get us caught. Not that we couldn't take down Chase or Leo, anyhow. But still. There was a huge chance it would lead the two of them right to us.

"Adam?" I started as I sat up straight. The 'sun' would be setting soon, all the more reason to stop this fire nonsense. I didn't even know why he was trying to build one. The others would find us in an instant. He looked up to me, stopping for only a second. "You need to quit that." I ordered before falling back into the trunk of the tree. He frowned and shook his head.

"No. I can't stop now. It's almost up." He defended before he began to rub the sticks together again. I felt myself breathing through my slight anger. If he didn't listen to me... Who knows what could happen.

"One, building a fire will get us caught by the others come night time. And two, you could be using your heat vision to do that." I teased, catching a semi funny look from Adam. He smiled slightly and dropped the sticks before he huffed out an exacerbated breathe. I smiled as I watched him lay out flat on his back, finally giving up.

"Sorry about that. I always forget that other people can see fires." Adam said with a snide smile my way. I shook my head.

"Or that you have bionic abilities to do that stuff for you?" I questioned. He nodded simply.

"You are correct." He added. I sighed and closed my eyes, just feeling what it was like to be in the arena for a second. It was crazy how fast we got in here. It feels like it was just yesterday that I signed up for it, let alone actually entered the bionic games for real. These were nothing like the simulations Chase had us do so long ago.

It had been five hours already from my calculations, and we hadn't seen Leo or Chase since then. Chase hadn't even messaged me back after I had told him I had teamed up with another one of the guys. I don't blame him, though. If I were him, I wouldn't have even messaged me in the first place.

I felt bad. I had wanted to be with Chase from the get go, even more so since things were over between me and Marcus. Plus, Marcus was out of the games. That only gave the two of us more of a chance. But I was happy to be here with Adam. He was trustworthy and a good friend. He had been anyway through this whole training thing. Not that Chase hadn't stuck by me through it all, either. This was too much.

"What are you thinking about?" Adam asked, causing my eyes to fly open.

"I could ask you the same thing." I snapped back as I crossed my arms over my chest. I wasn't in the mods to play what are you up to. We were in the bionic games. He laughed lightly as he sat up and let his arm hand off his knee.

"It's Chase, isn't it?" He teased. I groaned and threw my head back.

"Shut up."

"I will if it isn't true." Adam agreed before moving closer to me. "He's still in, you know. He could be the one to take us out."

"He will be the one to take us out! He has every bionic ability. He's smart, cunning, has a way with words that no one else does..." I left off as the memories came rushing back to me. This was stupid.

"Sounds like someone wants to date the competition." Adam whispered before flying up off the ground and out of my grasp. I huffed and stood up with him.