[ 17 ] The Final Competitor

Original Stats:
713 Views. 32 Votes. 12 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

The Final Competitor

━━━━━━━━━

"Marcus!" I yelled as I took one step back, him meeting it suit before Chase stepped in front of me.

"What are you doing here Marcus?" Chase hissed. "Bree, Adam, and Leo already beat you out of here." Chase snipped as he stood his ground. Marcus held up his hands in defense.

"But you didn't." He hinted. I frowned as I walked out from behind Chase.

"But Chase didn't take out Adam, either. Is he going to miraculously come back, too?" I asked, reaching the end of my rope. We had gotten rid of him. I was done with the games. I might as well just take myself out to get it over with. Marcus shook his head.

"Chase was the most influential in Adam's out." Marcus stated, crossing his arms over his chest before I turned to Chase. "He found the control to the chips at the back of the arena. He blew it up, that chip you got for Adam from the center of the castle. That blast, that came back at Adam, wasn't just his own and Leo's. It was the exploding chip." I felt my face scrunch up as I waited for Chase to explain. He sighed and looked to me quickly, almost looking worried that I would leave him here and take it all for myself.

"When I went to grab the chips at the center of the arena, they didn't look exactly like bionic chips. I knew that they hooked into you wristlet if needed, but there was something different about them. So, I searched the arena until I found the control to them all. With the remote, you could explode any of the extra chips with one touch of the button that person's way. I was the one that took out Adam. You and Leo just helped slightly." Chase explained for me. I frowned as I stepped away from the both of them.

"Well then, where is the remote now?" I asked, worried that I could be next if Marcus got ahold of it. Chase would never stoop that low unless Marcus was in possession of the only extra chip left in the arena. Chase sighed.

"I dropped it when the arena flipped. I haven't had it for hours." Chase replied, looking to Marcus before his laser bo appeared once more. "Now, which one of us will be out first? Me, or you?" Chase hissed as he pointed it towards Marcus. I rolled my eyes before speeding into Marcus and shoving him down. He hit the ground with a thud, a crack starting in the rock underneath us. I hoped up off him and raced over to Chase, geoleaping us over to the outside of the maze. I frowned as I tried to take in the scenery around us. We must have landed on the other end of the maze. I had been expecting the hill Chase and I had seen when the arena flipped.

We began to run until we hit the large rock arc that I had been able to see while in the maze. I looked from side to side before seeing yet another maze type rock structure standing at the side. I hit Chase lightly, motioning to the right, before we made our way quickly over, racing inside to see arched doors all around. This one was made out of dark stone, leading us on different twists and turns until we hit the end. There was a huge wall standing in front of us. I bit into my lip as I looked around for a way out, hitting into the wall as I tried to break it down. Not that I had much of a chance, I didn't have super strength like the two boys in the arena. Chase huffed and began to walk slowly around the corner, seeing if Marcus had caught onto us.

"Is he out there?" I whispered as Chase glanced around the rock wall, worried that Marcus had caught onto us. Chase shook his head as he stood watch.

"Keep looking for a way out. I have a feeling he's going to try and trap us in here." He whispered back. I nodded and began beating the rocks, almost expecting a secret door to appear right in front of me. I sighed and leaned back against it, looking up to see a stone ceiling, just like the walls, around us. This sucked. We were literally trapped back in here until Marcus came to take us out.