[ 4 ] Cleaning Up For Later

Original Stats:
1.4K Views. 48 Votes. 41 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Cleaning Up For Later

━━━━━━━━━

"Yep, she's your daddy's girlfriend, buddy. I also get whatever I want." Leo said with a smirk as he walked back over and picked up another couple of boxes. I felt my heart fall at that. I was the only one going into the games that only had one main ability and one sub ability. Stupid vocal manipulation.

"Bree?" Chase called as he waved his hand in front of my face. I sighed and nodded, reaching down for a box as I did so. I lifted it with ease, considering it was only about five pounds, nothing compared to what Leo was carrying. Chase shook his head and picked up a box, walking over to the door with me. I set it down, feeling Chase was right next to me before Leo sped over to my side as well. I jumped into Chase as Leo leaned closer to me. Chase threw his arms protectively around my waist to keep my from falling. Leo's face fell flat as he watched Chase and I.

"You scared me." I hissed. Chase chuckled behind me as Leo rolled his eyes.

"I can tell that much. That was the exact opposite of what I had wanted to do." Leo mumbled as he sulked back over to the piles. I frowned as I attempted to step out of Chase's hold, only to be held tighter.

"What did you want to do?" I called teasingly after Leo. Chase laughed quietly into my neck as we waited for Leo to respond. He threw his hands up in annoyance before he turned to answer me.

"Not that, that's for sure." Leo called back, a simple tone to his voice. I shook my head and pushed off of Chase, much to his discontent. I sighed and looked over to him, seeing he was eyeing me.

"You only have speed, don't you? Nothing more?" He questioned. I nodded warily. This kid knew way too much about me. It was just a little terrifying to say the least.

"I thought you knew that. But I do have vocal manipulation." I stated, a teasing tone to my voice. Chase laughed and nodded as he leaned against the small section of the wall that had yet to be covered by the boxes. He glanced at the ground before looking back up to me

"I did, about the speed thing. It never lists everyone's sub abilities in the school registry, or when I message you." Chase added as he watched me, a look in his eye that I hadn't seen in anyone else before. I smiled as he did. It made me feel like he actually wanted to know more about me. Not like he was assessing me for the games like the others. Almost like he cared for me in a weird way. I shook my head at that thought. That could never happen.

"Is that all you wanted to know?" I asked sarcastically before spinning on my heel and making my way back over to the boxes. Chase sighed and raced up to me, pulling me back to face him.

"It's not fair for you to go up against us. Not when you only have one ability. I was going to ask if you want me to put another on your chip. To even things out a little more." Chase started as he moved his hand down my arm to take my own hand in his. I sighed, already assuming the worst out of this. "And before you go all, I'm not weak, I wasn't thinking that. I know just how tough you can be, and will be in the games. I just wanted to make sure that you weren't... I don't know... Left out with just your speed... I'm making things worse," Chase mumbled as he dropped my hand and covered his face. I laughed lightly as I set my hand on his shoulder, instantly bringing him out of his thoughts. He dropped his hands to his sides before looking back up to me, looking into my eyes as he did so.

"I get it... Now. Thank you, Chase. But I don't know if I can accept-"

"You have to. No questions asked." Chase interrupted before pushing past me to get to the boxes. I huffed as I spun around and sped over to his side. He could not et away that easily.