(🔝Random picture🔝)

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝟓

I lie on my soft bed, thinking of the past two days and wondering of how fast everything has changed

Mason hated me, but when he was drunk everything changed. He softened up to me when I told him that he hurt me.

Alia and Harriet have been so nice to me, happy with me and we've become really close.

Hayden and Alex have started warming up to me too, probably weary that Mason has warmed up to a girl that he's met two days ago.

I haven't spent a lot of time with my parents, as usual, this week so far and I sigh. My parents are both business people who work long hours, I hardly see them, and they're always talking about how they need to make more time to spend with me. Being the only child sucks; don't have anyone who nags me, who steals my stuff, who I fight with, who cares about me, who knows me better than anyone else; who teases me all the time. Instead, I sit at home bored out of my mind.

My mother said that she wanted a boy, and wanted to name him 'Andy Mitchell Steen'. Somehow it hurts when she brings it up; as if she's trying to say that she doesn't want me and that I took her happiness away. That she'd give me away if she was told she could have a boy instead. My parents hardly know who I am; they're working all the time. My father doesn't really care about my marks and achievements. In grade 7, I was made prefect and we had a ceremony where we received our ties and we had to say an oath to always do our duties and obey the rules and regulations. He said he'd come, my mother was dealing with a sick relative, and my friend's mother did my tie and everyone got pictures taken and they had their parents say that they are proud of them. They were called special. Another event, it was on the weekend, from Friday to Sunday, we were fishing, a thing my father sees as a 'break'. On that Friday, I had my Valediction (prize giving) and he wanted to fish. Saying, "Ugh, I don't have to go." And that hurt. He doesn't care if I get four certificates and a badge, no, but if I were to get 64% for Math then he's so dissappinted. He's never said that he's proud of me, never.

By now, I didn't notice the tears sliding down my cheeks and I choke on a sob.

I hear a knock on my window and I dry my face with my pillow and quickly blow my nose. I walk over to the window with a smile on my face and he smiles back. "Hey, I heard weird noises coming from your room, are you okay?" He frowns and I frown with a smile.

"I'm great." I fake a wide smile, when all I really need is a hug and for someone to tell me that I'm special and that they're proud of me and that they want to be there so see me get my four certificates and one badge.

"Meet you downstairs in ten minutes. Wear something warm and bring thick socks." He dissapears behind his curtains again and I frown. Where are we going?

I rush over to my closet with a shrug and I wear a pair of blue skinny jeans with a long sleeved pullover with a picture of fries on it and underneath it says 'Fryday' and I throw on a pair of grey Nike's.