○●••••

《CHAPTER 19》

~KATHERINE~

🎀Edited🎀

I stare at my exam paper blankly, not knowing the majority of the questions' answers.

One week has passed, and luckily Mason got the message and left me alone. Alia and Harriet said they were worried about me because I wasn't eating much and that I shouldn't starve myself, but I wasn't, I just don't have a big appetite because every time I sit in that cafeteria he's there, staring at me. Every time I see him, I break and my half-built walls crumble.

After my little scene and argument with my mother, my parents have been more at home and spending more "family time" together. Unfortunately, after that day my family all went back home and I had to say goodbye. I miss them a lot.

I mostly miss my Paps. He has always been there for me and he treats me like the person that I am and not more or less than that.

Yesterday, I was walking down the corridors of the school and I made eye contact with him for a split second before I carried on packing my bag at my locker. I did miss him, there's no doubt it that, but what he did stabbed me through my being; I felt dead.

"You have half an hour left." The teacher announces and I start to panic. I don't know any of this!

I told you you should've studdied instead of using Sam Claflin as your rebound in Me before You, my brain scowls and I mentally roll my eyes.

Shut up! He was the best rebound ever!

Am I seriously arguing with myself when I'm supposed to be figuring out how I'm not going to fail? What is wrong with me?

"I will be collecting your papers ten minutes earlier because I have a doctor's appointment." Is that even legal?

Thankfully, I'm an artistic person otherwise I might've failed. I'm so grateful for my art skills.

When I got to the different types of strokes I practically stabbed the paper with my pencil when I did the Stippling (when you dot the paper) and imagined that the paper was Mason's face. I effectively destroyed his handsome face.

Time passed and suddenly we were asked to hand in our papers as we left. I watched my paper hit the growing pile of exams and imagined that was my heart. I was just an added broken heart in Mason's wake. He was a player and I should've known better than to think that those stupid unrealistic cliché bad boy stories would be my life too. How could I be so stupid?

I let the current of students pull me into the hallway and towards the cafeteria. I could go home, but there's nothing to do there and Alia and Harriet have a Mathematics exam after break so I can just sit around for a little bit longer.

I round the corner and I see him. He stands there, his knuckles split open and bleeding, over a kneeling boy who clutches the side of his face. Mason's harsh glare reminds me of that day and I wonder if that's what I looked like when I threw that vase - like a monster.

I push through the thick crowd, my bruised heart taking a punch when the other guy punches Mason straight in the face. Mason straightens and I scream when he lifts his fist, standing in front of him. "Stop this Mason." I whisper taking his fist into my hand, hardly covering it. As much as he hurt me, I still have strong feelings for him and I don't want him to get hurt or expelled.

"Come." I grab his arm and pull him through the crowd and away from the other guy who's staring at us smugly. I pull out my middle finger and flash it at the guy who just smirks in return.

"What were you thinking Mason?" I question in disbelief while throwing my hands in the air.

"Katherine?" He breathes out in shock, his face looks like he's looking at an Angel. "It's actually you."

"Yes, it's me. Now why did I just find you punch some guy?" I cross my arms over my chest, a frown etching my forehead.

"He... He was saying things about you a-and I couldn't help myself."

"You think that gives you a perfect reason to go around punching people? Why do you care anyways? You cheated on me, surely your feelings for me died a long time ago, or they never even existed." I look at him, my arms are not crossed anymore but hugging myself and protecting myself from him - or rather I'm holding myself together and squeezing the pieces of myself together.

"Katherine, please let me explain," He pleas and I close my eyes. That damn voice. Not waiting for a response, he continues: "I didn't cheat on you. I promise. Can we sit somewhere?" I hold my breath as he takes my hand and pulls me outside into the field. He takes me to the stands where it's private and secluded.

"But James said y-"

"He just saw something that looked like it," He clenched his jaw and looks at me, his eyes begging me to believe him.

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

WWHHAAAATT?!

Do you think she should trust him? Like ever?

Do you think he's telling the truth?

What actually happened?

Enjoy your day!

COMMENT
VOTE
SHARE
FAN
ENJOY!

I 💓 you guys!

🍉CoolCat2102🍉

~~~~~

"In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true."

~John Lilly

~~~~~