BUCKY BARNES - PROUD

Dedicated to my girl a_tea_enthusiast because she's Bucky trash and I felt she would like this particular imagine :)
__________

You walked into your apartment and shut the door behind you. "Okay, done," you said, letting out a puff of air from your lips. "They're sent in."

Your boyfriend Bucky looked up from the couch and gave you a smile. "It's going to be fine, Y/N. Any university would be lucky to have you."

You had just sent in all your university applications. It was a relief to finally get them all done, but you were incredibly nervous. Those pieces of paper determined your future.

You stood at the kitchen counter and tugged at the ends of your hair anxiously whilst biting your lip. "I mean, what if I don't get in to any of them? You know my grades weren't the best last term and-"

"Y/N." Bucky got up off the couch and grabbed your hands in his. "Look at me."

You brought your eyes up to meet his blue ones.

"I have total faith in you. I have absolutely no worries about you not getting in because I know that's ridiculous. You're Y/N Y/L/N. You're one of the smartest people I know. And I haven't even mentioned your musical talents. You're going to be just fine."

You broke into a wide smile and wrapped your arms around him in a hug. "You're the best, you know that?"

"I know," he said, winking.

__________

A few weeks later, you received a thick envelope in the mail. You swallowed thickly as you saw the return address- it was from one of your top college choices.

Hands shaking, you opened the envelope and read the first piece of paper.

Dear Miss Y/N Y/L/N,

It is our great honor and pleasure to welcome you to ....

You read only so far before letting out a scream of excitement. You danced crazily around the kitchen with joy.

"What! What's wrong?" A breathless Bucky ran into the room, his eyes wide with worry.

When he saw you dancing, he raised his eyebrows. "Well, you seem fine."

"I got in!" You squealed, holding up the piece of paper.

"You ... what?" He grabbed the paper from your hands, his eyes widening as he read it. "You got in! My baby got in!"

He grabbed you by the waist and twirled you around joyfully, making you laugh loudly.

"I am so proud of you," he said, setting you back down on the floor. "So proud."

He abruptly kissed you and broke away, a grin on his lips. "Dinner? I say this calls for a celebration."

"I'll get ready now," you beamed, running off to your room to find something suitable to wear.

__________

"Reservation for Barnes," Bucky said to the hostess.

She looked down at her paper and smiled as she came upon his name. "Ah yes, Mr. Barnes. Right this way."

She led you to a table in the corner of the restaurant. It was secluded enough that you had your own space but close enough that you could see the rest of the restaurant. Candles flickered on the table and two wine glasses sat waiting for the both of you.