16-Call it Fate

Don't do anything that I wouldn't?   What exactly does that exclude?    Rob was the king of the man-whores before he met Jason.   I've heard more tales than I would like to admit.   He has extremely loose lips when you give him a few drinks.   He'll tell you anything after enough alcohol.  When did I start taking dating advice from a man-whore? 

I get into my car and start driving toward Amir's hotel.   I easily could have walked, but I am in a parking lot that closes early and I haven't reserved a hotel room for tonight.  I can't afford to be stuck in the city without my car.  

The hotel valet takes my car keys and I assure him that I will be picking it up by midnight.   I grab the bag with my carefully packed dress, shoes, and unmentionables.   I didn't bring extra clothes because it reduces the chances that I will stay late in the city.   

My plan for the evening is to pretend that I am Cinderella.   The threat of turning into a pumpkin will ensure my escape from San Francisco before the clock strikes twelve.   At least that's what I keep telling myself as the elevator ascends over the next thirty floors.   The butterflies in my stomach are telling me that I am making a mistake, but I take a big breath and step over the threshold onto Amir's floor.  

The walk from the elevator to Amir's room wasn't long enough to calm my nerves.  I lightly knock on the door.  My heart is pounding and part of me hopes that he won't hear me and I'll have a few more minutes to prepare myself.  Fate steps in and the door quickly opens to reveal Amir in a well-fitted tux. 

He smiles and says, "You look absolutely beautiful."  He takes my hand and guides me into his room. 

I look down at my halter style black sundress and denim jacket.     "I'm pretty underdressed for the gala, but you look great in your tux." 

"I don't care what you're wearing.   You are always the most beautiful woman in the room." He says with a smile. 

"And you are a shameless flirt.   I am sure that's what you tell all of the women at work." I laugh as I drop my bag on a chair near the door. 

"Actually, you won't hear me flirting with women at work.  I don't date colleagues.  It's not normally worth the trouble."  He flashes me a panty-dropping smile. 

"Oh, really?  Then, why do you keep flirting with me?"

"You're the exception because I have a feeling that you're well worth the trouble."  He stepped a bit closer and gently brushed a stray hair from my face. 

I take a deep breath and smell the spicy, masculine scent of his aftershave.   Looking into his eyes, I feel myself melting.  I'm quickly losing my resolve and I know that I need to get back in control.  

I turn and pick up my bag while slowly retreating from his grasp.  "I should really get dressed, so we can get to dinner.  Can I use your bathroom to change?" 

"Be my guest." He says as he motions toward the bathroom. 

"Great.  I will just take a couple of minutes."  I smile and walk into the bathroom.  I close the door and look at myself in the mirror.  I look like a grown woman, but Amir makes me feel like some teenage girl with no control over my own hormones.  I need to get a grip.  He's just a man.  I'm around guys all the time and I don't let them get to me.  I need to do better than this. 

I quickly undress and remove my evening clothes from the bag.   I change into a black lace strapless bra and matching panty.  Then, I step into my long sequined red dress.  I shimmy the dress into place.  Pulling on that dress brings a wave of memories, but I push those down and concentrate on the task at hand.

I reach behind me and realize that I can't reach the hook to close the dress.  Without the hook in place, I can't zip the delicate invisible zipper.  I panic and try to turn the dress backwards on my body to secure the hook, but it's too fitted to turn the dress around once it's hooked.  I wiggle and twist my body in circles, but nothing seems to help.  Why didn't I get dressed at the salon?  There were tons of people who could have helped me.  I unclasp the hook and turn the dress to its normal position, inadvertently sighing loudly in frustration. 

Then, I hear a knock and I know what I have to do.  I open the door a crack while holding my strapless dress in place over my breasts.  "Amir, can you help me zip up my dress?"

"Of course, I will.   Was that the problem?  I was worried that you were having second thoughts about going to dinner with me.  You should have called me for help."

I slowly open the door firmly holding the dress to my chest.  "I just need help with the tiny hook at the top.  Then, I need you to carefully zip up my dress.   The zipper tends to stick, so you need to do it slowly."   I feel myself blushing as I turn.  The zipper starts midway down my ass and I know that Amir has a view of much more than I intended through my sheer lace panties.

I feel him lightly sweep my hair over my shoulder. His soft touch makes my heart beat faster. It feels incredibly intimate. A moment later his fingers trace my spine leaving a trail of tingles in their wake. My mind tells me it's wrong, but my body craves his touch.