Chapter 16

Dan’s POV

As we drove to our hotel we were all stared out of the window of the car in amazement. New York City was so different to home. There were people everywhere, and the sky filled with flashing lights advertising a range of strange things.

My eyes flickered over to Amaya who was sat next to me, she looked so happy and peaceful, her eyes were wide in amazement. She must have felt my eyes on her because she turned to face me with the biggest smile upon her face.

"Thank you for this" she said before placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"For what" I replied slightly confused.

"For everything you've ever done for me". A smile crept across my face. I gave her a hug as best as I could in the squashed car.

Amaya stayed embraced in my arms until we reached the hotel. Will had fallen asleep on Awuoi, who was complaining that she now had a dead arm.

We got out of the car and look up at the hotel, it was huge. I was slightly shocked as to how big it looked. I hoped that it would as nice if not better on the inside. I really did want to make this trip special for everyone, especially Amaya.  Kyle was bouncing around full of excitement, you would have thought that he really was a 6 year old child. I just laughed at him.

"Dan" Woody shouted, I turned to face him. "Help with the bags please". He said.

"Sorry I completely forgot about those" I replied before quickly walking to the back of the car and helping to unload the bags. Everyone grabbed their own, apart from Amaya who's I carried because she still looked a little pale and I wanted her to get as well as possible for the surprise later in the week.

I began walking to the entrance to the hotel and everyone followed. I walked up to the desk.

"Hello and welcome" the lady at the desk began in a monotone voice, she seemed to be incredibly bored.

"Um hi" I replied slightly unsure of what to say.

"Can I take you name please?"

"Yeah it’s Dan Smith" I replied. The lady at the desk then proceeded to type into the computer, seemed to find what she was looking for then quickly span round and grabbed three sets of keys and then handed them directly to me.

"Room 720,723 and 725. they are all opposite each other as requested" I saw Kyle’s expression change to a that sounds interesting look "you can take the elevator to the 7th floor, then turn right walk a little down, through the double door and then you will see your rooms". She gave a smile that looked forced.

"Thank you, um also is it possible to have another set of keys of each room" I replied. The lady at the desk just looked at me like I had asked her to start doing the hokey kokey, before she span around and got 3 more key and handed them to me.

"Thanks" I replied, taking the keys and distributing them out to everyone. We all climbed into the lift which was huge considering that it could fit all of us in plus our suitcases.

We wondered down to our rooms, before entering we arranged that we would all meet at mine and Amaya's room for 8:00pm then go and find somewhere for tea. It was currently 12:30pm in New York so we had plenty of time to try and readjust to the time difference.

Amaya and I began to unpack. Once finished I suggested that we should go for a wonder around New York for a bit.

"How do you fancy going for a little wonder" I asked

"Sounds great, when do you want to go"

"Um we can go now if you like"

"Sure give me to secs, I'll just pop to the toilet then we can go"