epilogue

Epilogue

Edith smiled at Embry who walked through the door with the rest of his pack minus Jacob. A few months had passed and Jacob had gone rogue when he found out Bella was marrying Edward, nobody had seen him since. Emily and Edith had spent all morning baking for the pack for when they came in, finishing parole. Emily had taught her how to bake which was interesting, being a vampire, she never expected to be so clumsy when it came to panicking over oven time.

Embry quickly approached Edith and kissed all over her face, from her forehead to her cheeks, to her lips and nose. She giggled as he hugged her tight and she kissed him back on the lips; he was an angel in her eyes and would forever be. Embry had healed up and was back to his pack duties much to Edith's sadness; she didn't get to spend a lot of time with him but when she did, it was magical. He sat down along side Jared and Edith placed out the muffins and cookies on the middle of the table.

The pack had warmed up to Edith, she was no longer classed as a pale face monster but the girl who was timeless and had saved their lives in the battle. They liked how Embry was different around her, they were happy that he had found his imprint.

Edith's smile faltered slightly as she thought back to Bella and Edward getting married; Bella would become immortal and they would live happily but Embry couldn't turn but she would cherish every waking moment with him.

"Embry, I bet you $10 that Jake comes back for the wedding?" Jared smirked as he took a bite out of a muffin.

"No way, he'll be withering in self pity, he won't come back. You're on." Embry laughed and he pulled Edith into his lap like he always did and kissed her pale shoulders which were shining in the sunlight, like a million diamonds.

Edith didn't know what the future would hold, she was frightened but she would never tell Embry that.