Chapter twenty two

Chapter Twenty Two: Broken Bonds

An argument broke out in the Cullen household, there were loud voices booming in every corner of the room and Edith was the main cause.

"Of course Irina would think Ness is an lmmortal Child." Edith raised her voice, she didn't know what happened. She had got a phone call from Bella, asking her to come home quickly. Her peaceful month was long gone.

"lmmortal children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed."

"Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families. Lost." Carlisle carried on telling Bella and Jacob about the deadly, beautiful tale of immortal children.

"Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children. She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day." Bella argued

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Jacob asked and Edith scoffed.

"The Volturi are coming, nothing will stop them. They will kill us all; even if Ness was born. The Volturi have wanted Edward, Alice and myself for a while now. They will kill everyone who we love in order for us to have no choice. We will be destroyed, no matter how much of a fight we put up. This is the end." Edith huffed, knowing her fate.

"So we fight." Jacob angered Edith by saying such a thing.

"You do not fight the Volturi. They own us all, even though we are free to roam the earth, eventually they will be the owner of our hearts. Their offensive weapons are too powerful. They will crush us, don't you see. We are already dead." Edith started to panic and when she started to panic, things did not go well.

"They're coming to kill us, not to talk." Emmett held Rosalie's hand.

"No, you're right. They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world. I won't ask them to fight. No, not fight, witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen." Edward said as he held Ness close to him.

Edith looked up to her family who she loved more than anything in the world.

She was afraid.