Chapter twenty one

Chapter Twenty One: Perfect Little Life

Before she had left home, the Volturi blessed Bella with an expensive necklace with a note. They would want proof of her transformation eventually but right now, they were content with the news.

There was only one problem, time.

Time wasn't anyone friend, Ness was growing fast, each growing week left her older. They were worried about how long they had with her, so they cherished every moment with her. By now, she looked around six or seven and she was a quick learner, Edward taught her to play the piano. Bella had sent pictures of Ness every day, she didn't want Edith to miss anything while she was gone.

Her time as a human had been over for a thousand years.

Right now, she had never felt so alive, she had been travelling in Scotland for over a month now with Lucy. She had almost forced her friend to book a one way trip to Scotland along side her as she missed her friend. Forced was a strong word to use, Edith only had to mention a overdue holiday and she had bought the ticket before Edith had even said anything.

She enjoyed the hectic weather, there was always a cloud in sight which was useful to both of them, they were having the time of there lives.

She was born in the world to wait a lifetime for Embry Call and that's exactly what she did, and when she did, it sure was disappointing. She waited and waited, ready to give up and then, he surprised her by walking into her life unexpectedly.

She decided never to wait around again, which lead to Lucy and Edith exploring the world together, just as they should have been, they had always said they would but never got round to doing anything.

For Lucy, it was a strange sight to see Edith pretending not to be upset, she had told her all about Embry, dodging around the supernatural side of things but Lucy understood. It turned out that Lucy needed a break as well, her boyfriend Harry had broke up with her a few days ago over text, not being able to deal with the long distance relationship or the lack of sex.

Both of them were fighting their problems together and it was lovely to spend some quality time together after the weird year they had.

"I can't believe Edward is a dad. What the fuck. How weird is that." Lucy laughed, looking up at stars as they danced around the sky. The hot tub was a good way to relax after a long day of hiking.

"Honestly, didn't think he had it in him." Edith said and they both burst out laughing.

"I want to be a mother one day, not now but maybe sooner rather than later." Lucy gazed into the distance, taking a sip of her champagne as Edith suddenly looked at her phone which was buzzing.