--Servitude--

Until you can find that strength, you are safe.

For servitude means protection, servitude grants shelter and purpose.

Very few will understand.

Though, having the power to abandon the norm paints you as a threat.

You just be aware that once that target is painted, it is never wiped clean.

It was a cold day, the leaves of the trees crisp and breaking from their branches. They fluttered down on a gentle breeze, a beautiful dance of colors.

The world was alive, alive in a much more different way than in the warmer days of the year. Children walked briskly in between Ruckimaru's and 8-Bit Hero, a taken shop and arcade respectively, couples visited the parks, tourists snapped photos, everything was as it should be.

Raising the naningata once more, you blocked the blade yet again.

Your arms ached with the ceaseless training, though you were more so used as a punching bag rather than actually being taught anything. Your arms were cut up yet again, though it was far from unusual or alarming. Perspiration dotted at your brow.

Dodging another attack, you made an offensive strike.

It was the only way for you to learn. He'd get irritated that you even dared to attack him and would attack you more ferociously, forcing you to dodge, block, and attack more frequently. You always had a few wounds, but if that's what it took to improve, that's what you would do.

"Enough! I won't let an ungrateful servant best me."

There was a sharp pain in your abdomen and you gritted your teeth. Using the pole of the naningata, you shoved your 'sensei' back.

You were bleeding rather heavily, his katana having stabbed you quite deeply. Clutching the wound, you threw your weapon to the ground with a clatter and glared at your superior.

"Thank you for your lesson, sensei," you growled, mockingly bowing to him. He did not respond, nor did he move. His eyes were narrowed in anger and his grip on the blade firm, showing no regret for his actions or concern for your health.

Scoffing, you left, keeping your hands firmly pressed against your flesh. Your gear was already staining with your blood, darkening the color of the fabric. Making towards the infirmary for the third time this week, you let out a strangled growl as another guard sped past you.

No one really cared for you anymore. Heck, even the medic had grown irritated with your constant visits. The guards treated you like a dog, curling their lips in disgust or glaring at you. Some even rested their hand on the hilt of their weapon each time they passed. The servants weren't any better. They regarded you with jealousy and avoided you as if even being associated with you was dangerous.

Ignoring the glare of the doctor, you grabbed a sewing needle, thread, peroxide, and bandages. Quietly, you moved to an empty cot and drew the curtains around it, undressing your top half. Leaning over, you poured the peroxide, hissing at the burning sensation and wiping off the excess. Taking extreme caution, you peered at the wound, deciding how severe it was. Taking the needle, you proceeded to stitch the stab closed.

You were in the middle of sniping the bandages when someone cleared their throat. You got yourself dressed and pulled the curtain open.

"Master Shimada would like to speak with you," spoke a young boy, a servant.

"Thank you."

The small child, maybe five, six years younger than yourself, gave a bow and lead you towards your goal. You stood outside as the servant entered and announced that you had arrived. The paper door slid open and Master Genji walked out, seeming not to register your presence. He was most possibly the only one that treated you normally, like the guard you were. His father seemed to favor you over the other staff, and his brother regarded you with slight curiosity and respect.

The brother himself followed shortly after, noticing you almost immediately. He eyed your stained robes with slight caution, though said nothing about it and merely continued on his way, taking only a moment to greet you.

"(Y/n)."

"Master Hanzo."

Once he was gone the servant from earlier stepped out and motioned for you to enter, and so you did. You bowed.

"Master Shimada."