--Loyalty--

Tell me, have you ever accepted the world as it is?

Decided, "This is how it will be" and shrugged away the worries that came prior?

Have you yet grown comfortable enough to say that you are tolerant, perhaps even inquisitive, about the life you now lead.

To me, you seem rather complacent.

Almost as if you want to stay.

Have you grown loyal? Loyal to this life, this world, this family?

The world was bathed in pale sunlight, buds of green reaching to the horizon. Birds awoke and fluttered between trees, commanding attention to the sky. The streets were mostly bare, a couple pedestrians or vehicles passing by every now and then. Shops were flipping their signs, people were shuffling to the bus stations, pets were being let out. It was an average morning for the citizens of Hanamura.

Inside the Shimada castle, the servants were busy with preparing breakfast. The guards were patrolling the perimeter. The family was conversing. Everything was perfect.

Cuffing Genji upside the head, Hanzo chuckled, causing you to point a finger at him in warning and him to raise his hands in surrender. 

"Gomenasai, (Y/n)," Genji spoke, rubbing the back of his head and shooting a glare towards his brother.

"No harm, but try not to speak of women in such a manner," you replied, shaking your head.

"Hmmph," Hanzo scoffed, his arms crossed in front of him, "If you'd only hear the way he speaks about women when you aren't around." Genji grew pale and ducked your on coming strike, dancing a few feet behind to avoid further injury. Muttering curses to his older brother, he kicked the ground and offered you the look of a kicked puppy.

"Don't give me that," you warned, causing him to laugh and catch back up.  He swung his arm over your shoulder and smirked.

"So, what do you plan to do today, little sister?"

Ever since Master Shimada had informed you that you would be married into the family, Genji would tease you with names like little sister or little cousin. In reality, the latter was more accurate as you were to marry their cousin Reiko, a promise of a long and wealthy life alongside the family in return for the years of service and for saving his son's life. It had surprised you and may even have explained why both the brothers had been called for before yourself, to inform them that you would become part of the family. Of course, the best thing about such an arrangement was the respect you now commanded. You were on par with the rest of the family now, and even the guards treated you nicely.

Although, this kind of lifestyle seemed familiar, like you were born into it, and maybe that's what the servants and guards noticed and respected. When you were announced to be in the same circle as the family, you didn't cower or hide like a mere servant, or stand rigid like a guard. No, you commanded power, stood with authority, and looked upon the others like you dared them to question your skill, all of it feeling like the most natural thing in the world.

Like how to blink, or how to breath.

"I've been craving street food for ages now, think there's anything good," you wondered out loud. This only send to make Hanzo shake his head at you and Genji to smile. The three of you had gotten along so well over the past couple of months. While you may not have been part of the family yet, it certainly felt like it.

"I feel to understand why you couldn't just all one of the chefs," Hanzo sighed, causing you to stick your tongue out at him in a most immature manner.

"It's because they're so used to pampering you with gourmet meals, Brother, that they're incapable of making anything greasy anymore," Genji chuckled.

You rolled your eyes at the both of them and left them in favour of the vendor loudly advertising his deep fried foods. After making your purchase and enjoying your meal, you were saddened when the brothers reported that you had to go back.

Returning back to the estate, you bid the brothers farewell before making your way to see your quarters. Much to your surprise you weren't alone in the living space.

"Ah, (Y/N), it is a pleasure to finally meet you in person." You stared at the man in front of you with guarded curiosity. Your hand rested against the firearm on your hip. As much as you wanted to call the guards, there was something familiar about this man's face. He could be no older than Hanzo, and his appearance strikingly resembled that of the Shimadas. Comprehension settled on you as you straightened your back and removed your hand from your weapon, bowing to the man you now recognized.

"The pleasure's all mine. Welcome home, Reiko."