--Treason--

Now you know the cruel reality of the world, that it will strive to break you down to your lowest before delivering the final blow.

Betrayed by the man you were intended to marry, betrayed by the family you had served for as long as you could remember.

This is the reality you came to know: Never grow comfortable, for even the most beautiful of roses can still have its thorns.

The sun was only just crawling over the horizon, almost as if it was scared to see the sorrows that would unfold. Yet even as the night began to drift away it was still dark, the storm clouds above you creating a flood of rain soaking anyone who dared to step outside. The wind tore at anything that dare stood in its way, and the sky flashed and growled in rage of what was to come.

This was it, the final song, the final stand. This was were you would be forced to die. On the side of the cliff that the brothers had chosen. They had pleaded to defend you, but you insisted this was the only way you'd recieve mercy, to die at their hands instead of the assassin's that would be sent after you if you didn't.

You held the naginata you had trained with since you were strong enough to carry it. You were allowed to kill yourself and retain your honour, but you knew that ultimately you would have to die by the hands of your best friends in order to prove your innocence.

You walked away from the guards that escorted you here and stepped to the edge of the courtyard, where if you died, your body would fall down the cliff, sparing Hanzo or Genji from the sight of it. The entire estate had gathered to watch, and even you couldn't​ distinguish who was on who's side anymore. Watching your gathered crowd, you dropped your weapon and offered yourself to the brothers, a smile on your face and tears in your eyes.

Hanzo looked between you and Genji, while Genji kept his eyes on his hands. Catching his attention, you beckoned the older brother closer to you.

"I will miss you, (Y/N), and I promise that Reiko will be judged for his crime against you."

You laughed through your tears, "You were always looking out for me, ever since I saved you."

"And I regret that I will not be able to return the favor." You heard the shift of his blade as it left its sheath. You knew the pain that would come, and accepted it.

"I love you both." You gasped as the smooth metal cut through your stomach, each minute movement as it shifted through your body sending flares of unbelievable pain through you. Your tears ran freely now as you looked down at the blade wedged hilt deep into your abdomen. Hanzo stepped back, pulling the blade with him, and looked down at the ground, refusing to meet your eyes. You staggered a bit before looking at Genji. His eyes were fed and swollen as he weeped openly, his arm drawn back as he held an arrow aimed at you. He fired, and after a split second you heard more so than felt the thunk of the arrow wedging itself just above your collarbone. You staggered back, watching as he threw the bow away from him in disgust before you slipped over the edge.

It started softly, the fall. The wind craddled you in its arms as you began your drift to the base of the cliff. You felt warm, painless, and smiled inside when you realize what Genji had done. He had used a poisoned arrow. You were familiar with it, your studies included all forms of weaponry. Genji had used a paralytic poison that also numbed the body, making death painless while rendering you incapable of defending yourself.

Your back hid the first line of the trees and you could hear the crack. Not only the crack of the branches breaking under your fall, but the crack of your bones as well, but this too was painless.

No, it wasn't until you finally hit the dirt that everything went dark.