°Chōdo Kokyū°

-•Just Breathe•-

"Angela, how's she doing?" You watched the tall, blond man as he leaned against the doorway, his shirt straining against his chest.

Doctor Angela Zeigler, or Mercy as she was sometimes called, set down the down the cards that you were supposed to repeat. You had been a couple days through your therapy and had quickly remastered the English language, surprising your doctor at your rate of recovery. Now you were reviving multiple languages inside of your brain, though these were harder for her to help you with.

"She's​ nearly fully recovered, I've never seen someone bounce back this quick. Asides from Lena of course," she replied. The tall man, the one you often heard Angela name Jack, switched his gaze to you.

"Do you think you could handle yourself in a fight?"

You thought over it for a moment. "No, I am unfamiliar with the majority of the weapons I've seen around here. If it came to unarmed combat, then yes."

"Jack you aren't seriously thinking of that are you?"

"I am, you say she came from a criminal network, that means she knows how to handle herself," he replied, turning his head back to you, "How about I set you up for a bit of a sparing match and we see how well you've recovered first hand, yes?"

He turned back, leaving a grumpy Angela and yourself in the office.

~=~

You were standing on a mat, facing a young woman with brown hair. She couldn't stand still, would always have some sort of hop in her step, but what confused you more was the large apparatus attached to her that emitted a blue glow. The arrangements of this match were that if you could show some skill in combat, they would bring you into the organization and train you how to fight the omnics.

The voice of Jack reached through the room, "This is simply a sparring match, your objective is to immobilize your opponent either until they tap out or they're unable to break free for six seconds. We will not use weapons. Is that clear?"

The girl across from you made a salute while calling out in a thick British accent, "Roger."

You looked over to the space where the other units of 'Overwatch' had gathered to watch and gave a nod.

The turned your attention to the Brit and waited for the whistle.

The shrill sound came and you took a defensive stance. You watched the girl until, in a blink, she was gone. You sound around and blocked a punch before she disappeared again. She was tremendously fast, faster than any normal being. She zipped around you and you narrowly avoided her kick. She took a pause, seeming to recharge, while staying out of reach.

Slowing your breathing and closing your eyes, you calmed yourself as you waited for her next strike. You more so felt the air rushing past your ear before you heard it, snatching her wrist as she raced by and dragging it around and over your other side, throwing her onto the mat. You snatched the space above her and quickly pinned her to the floor, pulling her elbow up her back as she was winded.

"Ouch! Alright, love, I'm out!"

You heard the whistle and stepped off her, watching as she bounded to her feet.

"You're quick, not as quick as me mind you, but pretty quick. I'm Lena, Lena Oxton, but most people 'round here call me Tracer."

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

Her reply was cut off by by another, either voice.

"Alright so you can throw someone off balance, but can you get yourself out of a bad situation?" You turned to the owner to find a large Latino dressed in black, he had is arms crossed and was standing a little ways off. He looked at you like you were nothing more than a nuisance, a waste of his time.

This elicited a growl from you, images of Reiko immediately flashing through your brain. You pushed them down and calmed yourself again.

"What are you proposing, Gabriel," Angela called from where the others were standing.

He threw a look back at them before glaring at you.

"She's gonna start in a headlock and try to break free. If she can get me to tap out she wins, but I highly doubt it."

"That's asking a little much, don't you think," she asked looking between you two with a worried expression.

"If she's gonna fight omnics she's going to have to be able to take me down." Gabriel walked onto the mat and wrapped his arm around your neck. The whistle blew and you immediately felt his arm tighten, closing off your air way. He lifted you off your feet and you struggled to break free, but with a heave you twisted in his hold and slipped out, jumping back aways into a guarded stance. He growled and threw a punch at you that you tried to block, but the force was so much more powerful than the girl's and ended up hitting you squarely in the stomach.

Angela gasped as your clothes started to bloom with red, your wound reopened by his punch. You gripped your stomach and snarled at him.

"Come on," he taunted, " You want to be part of this organization, don't you?"

"You want to be part of the family, don't you?" He sneered, watching you huddled on the floor  like some pathetic dog.

Your world turned red.

You wouldn't let it happen again. Reiko wouldn't hurt you again. You would have to kill him this time. You barely registered as your hand slipped to your belt and pulled your dagger free of its sheath. A savage snarl made its way past your lips as you lunged at the man with newfound strength. You couldn't let Reiko live. You found it easy to pin him beneath you and raised the dagger above your head.

"Sayōnara, watashi no fianse."

You plugged the dagger towards his throat but was halted by though hands pulling you away. You kicked and squirmed as more people seemed to pull you away. No, he couldn't survive, you couldn't let him.

"Teishi! Anatawa nani o shite iru! Kare wa shini shite imasu! Watashi o i~tsu temiyō!"

You felt the people holding you back  a push you to the floor while one pinned you down. Something blocked your vision of the man your were trying to kill, or rather someone.

"(Y/N)! I need you to calm down! Stop struggling!" Your eyes snapped to Angela and the world seemed to fade to normal.

"That's it. You need to calm down. Take deep breaths, that's it. Just breathe. In and out."

The man pinning you to the floor chuckled, "My my, Darling, I've never seen someone take my boss down that quick before."

Beyond Angela you could see Jack helping Gabriel up. The large man seemed to watch you with interest as he accepted the help of his comrade.

It began to dawn on you. You almost killed one of their commanders.