.01

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Wednesday October 22nd 2014
New York, USA

"Bring it in boys!" The coach yells after blowing his whistle. I've dreaded this day for so many weeks now but it's finally here. And I can't back out because this is the opportunity of a lifetime. Nothing is going to get in my way... absolutely nothing.

As the boys come in, all of them stare at me. I mean I get it. I'm like half their size, standing at 5'4, how am I supposed to help the giants? I look around at all of them as we wait for them to quieten down.

"Alright boys. I know we all knew this day was coming and it's here. This is the giant's new physical therapist. She will be working alongside myself and Ronnie to help all of you reach your potentials. She's a bit small but she gets the job done" he says jokingly, earning a chuckle from the boys.

"Coach what's her name?" Reuben asks.

"Oh yea didn't I say that? This is Linnéa brown"

~~ Odell C. Beckham Jr ~~

"This is Linnéa Brown" I definitely wasn't paying attention before but hearing that name. I'd never heard the name Linnéa anywhere else besides back home and only one special person had that name.

I make my way to the front of the crowd with Victor behind me and it's nobody else but my Linnéa. Damn.

I haven't seen shawty in one, almost two years. Just seeing her brings back every single emotion that I ever felt for her. They never left my body but I sure as hell suppressed them.

Is this what Jarvis meant by 'remember you're on your own'? I ain't think nothing of it cause he always sending the most random texts. But I know what he means now.

Her eyes meet mine and she looks away. Her eyes never return to me.

"Beckham. Cruz. Give her a tour since you don't wanna listen"

"Yes coach" Victor says and I follow behind him. Victor takes the lead because I'm speechless.

"Ummm I'm Victor and this is Odell. You can call me Vic thou."

"Nice to meet you both. Well y'all can call me Linnéa." She says as she looks between the two of us.

"So this is the locker room" Victor says as we walk in there.

"You welcome in here whenever. Nobody really cares. And it don't ever smell cause we got real good ventilation in here" she nods her head. She's still as beautiful as the last time I saw her.

"And through here is the coach's office. This door goes back to the hallway" Victor looks to me but I still ain't got anything to say. And she doesn't look like she wants to remember.

"What's coach like?"

"He's the coolest. During training and games he's nobody's friend but other than that he's like a football dad."

"What did y'all think of your last physical therapist?"

"The guy didn't have ears. He never listened. So we got him fired."

"What do y'all think of me?"

"The boys don't know you yet. But we happy we got a new therapist but not the girl part" she rolls her eyes... Some things never change. What does he mean by 'the boys'? Does he know her?