.27

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Thursday 5th November 2015
New York, USA.

I had Eli take Odell out for the day for his birthday so that I could prepare a meal for him for his birthday.

I get the next from Eli letting me know that Odell is getting out of the car and walking up to the house. I light the candles on the table before sitting down myself.

"Alright Tzar, Mowgli, Khan, Black Jack by the door" I say. I put little pink bow ties on them to make them look even cuter. I hear the door click open.

"Awww yall know my birthday? Wait why yall got bow ties on?" I hear Odell say. Tzar is the first one to walk in through the dining room door followed by the triplets. Odell is behind them, and he enters to see me seated at the table.

"Hi baby?" He says confused.

"Happy birthday Dellie" I say standing up. I give him a kiss before hugging him.

"What ya doing?"

"I made you dinner"

"I know you don't like birthdays bear. You didn't have to" He says.

"You love birthdays so I wanted to do something for you. Now sit" I say, pulling out his chair.

"Woah lemme pull out yours"

"Odell sit" I say. He slams his bottom on the chair and I go to the kitchen. I grab two beers and put them on the table. I crack them open and pour them into our glasses.

I then grab the starters I made which consist of scallops on a bed of pumpkin purée. Mowgli escorts me back into the living room. I set them down and explain what to him what it is.

"I wondered when you'd make time to cook" He says. I always wanted to invent my own recipes but I never had the time to.

"I finally did last year when I was training" I say.

"Explain to me where the idea came from"

"So the scallops were something Mrs Smith made for us when we came from the beach in Jamaica. And then pumpkin purée is a very Curaçao side" 

"Nice. Mixing your cultures"

"I know how much you love Curaçao food so I did it for you" we sit and talk until we're finished. I stand up and clear the table before grabbing the next dish. It's gammon drizzled in honey glaze with mashed potatoes and stir fried papaya.

"I love gammon" he says grinning.

"I know. And I know you got a thing for mash"

"And papaya is basically staple to eat in Curaçao"

"Papaya stew is your favourite but I couldn't incorporate that"

"You can always make that for me another day. What we got for my boys?" He says as he sees them munching away.

"Chicken and turkey casserole. I thought why not treat them when daddy's getting treats too"
He grins at me and I realise that I just called him daddy. I look down, blushing. When we're done, I put the dishes in the sink and come back.

"We got no dessert?" He says.

"We do. But-" as I begin, I hear my phone vibrate on the table.

"Happy birthday!" I hear voices yell from behind me. Jarvis enters first holding the mango cheesecake I made followed by Kavahra holding the banana pancakes and then Jeremy with the golden rum cake and De'Aaron has the drinks.

"Surprise" I say.

"Yall never fail to make it for my birthday"

"Wouldn't be good bruddas if we weren't here" they put everything down and hugs are shared around.