.09

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Friday December 19th 2014
New York, USA

It's so annoying having to avoid him but every time I see him all I can think about is what he said. It's been burning me in the back of my mind- and shit the front too, since he spoke to me on Wednesday.

"Hi" He says to me as he walks into the training facility. He never says hi. He always says hey.

"Hi." I say back as the awkwardness settles in. I promised myself I wouldn't feel awkward.

"What are we doing today?"

"Just keeping you're muscles loose."

"Alright. Where do you want me?" He asks.

"Sit on the examination bed" I say as I slide over on my wheelie chair to the bed. He sits down. All these niggas are tall so I don't know why I even bother putting the chair down. I push the button and my chair goes up.

"We can start from your neck and make our way down" I say avoiding eye contact.

"Alright" he says. I turn his head from the right to the left. I cup his face in my hands before rolling his head.

"About what I said-"

"Odell you gotta let me do my damn job and I can't do it with you talking"

"And I can't let you do your job with this on my mind. You know I can't I keep my mouth shut"

"I forgive you. I mean I'm not mad anymore I'm just confused" I say.

"What you confused about?" He asks.

"That happened in our first year of college. Why didn't you say something?" He looks me in the eyes and I see his guard drop.

~~ Odell C. Beckham Jr ~~

Since she's listening and she's making conversation I'm finna be honest. I'm gonna tell her how I feel, how I've felt for the past few years.

"I ain't gon front. I was fucked up after we broke up. I was a damn mess" I say before taking a breath.

"I ain't do nothing but go to classes, go to practice and go to bed for a long time. Man I was hurting"

"I was hurting too. I needed to know you cared then not now"

"Naya you asked me to let you go. That was the last thing you asked from me and I wanted to give you that. I'm cool with us just being friends."

"Just friends?"

"Yea just friends" she laughs a little.

"Do you even know what that means?" She asks and I can tell she's serious.

"Yea I know what it means. I'll prove it to you"

"Alright friend" ouch that hurt.

"I'm telling you friend" she smiles at me before rolling my shoulders. I can't wait to text Jarvis about this.

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~

"Dell I don't think you need to see me twice a week anymore"

"But I wanna see you twice a week"

"You see me everyday"