.10

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Monday December 22nd 2014
Kingston, Jamaica

The driver pulls up outside of my father's mansion in Cherry Gardens. This is where I spent a few years of my life and it's a place I call home. 

I get out of the car with Bryson in my arms and Narvana behind me. Bryson fell asleep in the car since he's too afraid to fall asleep in planes.

"Naya. Neve" the maid, Mrs Smith says. She looked after us a lot when we were younger and after my mom died.

"Hi Mrs Smith" I say with a smile.

"Hi Mrs Smith" Neve says as she gives her a hug.

"Yuh daddy inna living room. Yuh waan sumtin fi drink?"

"No thank you" I say politely before walking to the living room only to be greeted by Clive and Lemont's presence as well.

"Mi babies yuh here" my dad says as he stands up to greet us.

"Hi daddy" Neve says hugging him.

"Hi" I say blankly before sitting down, avoiding his hug.

"Hi Naya" Clive says to me.

"Hi Clive. Hi Lemont. What y'all doing here?" I ask but then I realise that's a dumb question.

"Yuh already kno'" Lemont says. They do business with my father. Both of them are two years older than me and are twins. I had a thing with Clive once upon a time and Narvana had a thing with Lemont.

"Mi a go finish bidness den we can talk aye?" My father says.

"Okay daddy" Narvana says making me roll my eyes. Bryson begins to stir on my chest as he wakes up.

"Hi baby" I say as he opens his eyes.

"Hi" he mumbles under his breath but then his eyes widen.

"Are we deh?" He jumps up and runs to our father, hugging him tight.

"Hi son"

"Don dada" he says as they do a handshake.

"Did he just call daddy don dada?" Neve says.

"I think he just did" Don dada is like the boss man of all bosses. That's my father but I didn't think Bryson knew that yet. But I don't think Bryson knows what it means.

"We goin yard nah. Mi a go see yuh soon Naya" Clive says.

"Bye Clive. Bye Lee" I say with a smile. As soon as they leave, I stand up.

"Linn-" my dad starts.

"I'm gonna go say hi to mama" I head out of the door, into the garden. I make my way down the winding pathway to the back. In the middle is the cherry blossom tree which we planted for her after we lost her.

I approach it slowly before sitting down on the bench that goes around the trunk of the tree.