.13

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Friday 5th February 2015
New York, USA.

The shop door opens revealing a friendly face.

"Hey Dellie" I say walking around the counter, over to him.

"Why do I feel like you been avoiding me since the Super Bowl?" After the pro bowl we went to the NFL honours together where he won offensive rookie of the year and then we went to the Superbowl together. We were basically with each other for a week. Bryson even flew out for the Super Bowl game.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Neve is here" I whisper yell.

"I came to drop off some cookies. Relax"

"Cookies usually mean you're going somewhere" I say with a frown.

"I'm going to nola for the weekend. Imma be back Monday" I sigh.

"Okay. Bring me back some of mama's crawfish" I just called his mom mama.

"You should come home some time" he says.

"I will. Just not now"

"Well enjoy your cookies. See you on Monday?" He says questioningly.

"Nawww Tuesday"

"Tuesday I'm meeting the team. But you part of the team sooo"

"Nahh you lot didn't invite me. I'm hurt but it's okay" he pulls me into him.

"I insist. Come with"

"Okay. I'll see you on Tuesday" I give him another hug before he leaves. I take my position back behind the counter.

"Who was that?" Narvana says as she walks into the front of the shop.

"Oh. Customer came in on the wrong day" she mugs me and I ignore it.

"Naya?"

"Cookie?" I say offering her one. She rolls her eyes but still comes over to get one.

"Are you picking Brys up?" She asks.

"Nah it's Friday. It's all you today"

**

When I get home, before I can even sit down, there's a knock. I walk over to it and open it but I'm disappointed to see its DeAndre.

"Why the fuck my key don't work?" He yells.

"Don't be yelling at me like you don't know" I say rolling my neck and walking away from the door.

"Nawww Shawty I don't know" he says as he follows behind me. I open the fridge, looking for something to eat.

"You ain't never here and ion know why you keep coming back"

"Cause I love you bitch" I stand up straight, chuckling to myself.

"I ain't ya bitch"

"Who's bitch is you? Is you fucking them NFL players? You being a dirty ass cheater?"

"Don't yuh fucking dare. Yuh 'kno 'ow me feel bout cheaters an' yuh got di fucking courage ta say dat shit"

"Somebody had to say it" he says stepping to me. My dad taught me to never allow anybody to step to me.

"Nigga betta take a few steps back befo' I beat the shit outta yuh"

"You ain't gon do shit"

"I will lay your ass out" I say glaring up at him. I don't care if he's bigger than me. I will not be disrespected in my god damn house.