.16

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Friday 17th April 2015
New York, USA.

There's a knock at my door and I ignore it. I don't feel like working and I don't know why I came in.

"Yari?" I hear Victor's voice say as he opens the door ajar.

"Go away Michael" I say with a sigh as I pick up my head off my desk.

"Naww. Can I come in?"

"No get out" I say standing up and walking over to him. He ignores all the words coming out my mouth and pulls me into a hug. And just like that I break down.

"It's alright Linnéa"

"No it's not Victor and I don't know how you're so alright with it"

"I'm not alright with it but I had to learn to be a little" I can't help crying into his chest. I've missed his comfort.

"I'm sorry" I say as I pull away from his chest.

"It's alright. You know I'm here for you"

"But you haven't always been and you're only trying because I'm here"

"Can we not fight today? I don't have it in me"

"Me neither. Is your leg okay?"

"Yea. I was just coming to check on you. I know how tough today is on you"

"Thanks."

"Can we talk... Not today just can we talk?" He asks.

"Some time. Not today"

"Hey Naya I got you-" Odell walks into the room. I rush to wipe my tears but he's already seen them.

"I was just going" Victor says.

"Right. Bye Victor" Odell says. Victor walks out, leaving Odell and I.

"I got you a waffle for lunch. Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yea I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I say sitting back down at my desk.

"You were crying I saw you when I walked in"

"It's nothing really Odell"

"Linnéa I've known you forever and- oh shit. I'm sorry" he says taking my hand.

"It's alright. It was a long time ago"

"No I'm sorry forreal I can't believe I forgot-"

"Odell we haven't talked for the past 3 years. This is new"

"Alright. You want a hug?" I nod my head and he walks over to me, hugging me tight. I stay stood in his arms for a while, just enjoying his embrace.

"Why don't you take the day off work?" He asks.

"I've got a half day and oh fuck shit-" I say.

"What?"

"You gotta go. Neve is finna be here any minute" and as if it's on queue, Narvana walks into the room.

"Odell the fuck is you doing in my girls office? Oooo bitch I told you what would happen if I saw this asshole" she begins reaching for her ears.

"He's supposed to be my last appointment for the day-"

"I don't care who what what. I don't wanna see his raggedy ass" she pulls off her earrings.

"Odell you better leave" I say, my eyes widening as I see her lunging forward for him. I intersect it.