.29

~~ Odell C. Beckham Jr ~~
Sunday 20th December 2015
Charlotte (NC), USA.

Linnéa hasn't wanted to go home all week since her fight with Narvana. However she has been seeing Bryson. He came over twice in the week. Jarvis stayed with us until our flights yesterday since we both have games today. Victor was over every day apart from yesterday.

And speaking of Victor, she refuses to speak on the subject of how he's her brother. So I've just had to let it go.

"I'll see you there okay?" I say kissing her forehead.

"See you there" She says.

"And call me if you need anything"

"You know I will"

"Linnéa-"

"I can make it from here to the stadium. I'm getting a taxi which you called and if I don't get in it you'll know" She says agitated at me. I can understand that she doesn't want to be coddled but I can't help but worry for her.

"Alright Naya. I'm going now"

"Bye" she mumbles.

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~

I walk into the stadium, showing the security my ID badge. I make my way into the locker room where the boys are. I haven't been at work since Monday when my seizure happened. Instead I was at Odell's.

My support system is at its strongest. I had my brother with me, my best friend with me and my boyfriend with me. We can't forget Odell's dogs who somehow knew something had happened and refused to ever let me be alone.

But I just wanna get back into it, even if others don't think I should. And I wanna let my boys know I'm alright. I've been told everyone was there watching as it happened. I even heard some of the boys had a prayer circle.

I take a deep breath before opening the door to the locker rooms.

"Hi Naya" I hear from different voices. Some of them step out to hug me and of course Eli holds on tight.

"Had me scared sis" he says as he hugs me.

"I'm here" I say. He lets me go and I continue on into the changing rooms. When I get to my wide receivers, they give me a group hug.

"You know we praying for you sus" Myles says.

"Thank you" I say.

"Five minutes boys!" Coach yells. He walks over to me when he sees me. Ronnie is right behind him.

"How are you Naya?" Coach Tom asks.

"I'm alright"

"Any news?"

"I'll know by the end of the week" I say.

"Alright. You're in our prayers" Ronnie says. I'm glad they didn't ask why I'm here. I just want some normality.

During the warm ups, I sit on the bench. I watch as the Panthers wave their bats around. We all know Norman has it out for Odell and to be tormenting him before a game is just childish. And the black bats aren't necessary for a man who they know is straight.

Odell steers clear of me and to me that makes it clear that he wants to stay riled up.

**

From the first quarter of the game, Odell and and Norman are at it and I'm not surprised. Odell indirectly refused to come anywhere near me even during pre-games.

Watching him get into it with Norman raises my blood pressure because I can't go out there and stop it. It gets worse as it progresses into the second quarter and even I have to admit, Odell is stirring it. He's pissing himself off even further.

I walk over to Sean, Odell's position coach.

"Do you think Odell could change spot?" I ask.

"I don't know about that" Sean says.

"Could you ask coach to change formation?" I ask slightly irritated.

"I could but you know how Coach is. Odell has to figure it out by himself"

"He's not gonna figure it out by himself. The panthers irritated him on a personal level and he hasn't let that go and the second quarter is almost over"

"I'll see what he says at the end of this half" Sean says. I walk away without responding.

By the time the first half draws to a finish, I have to tend to my newly injured so I don't have time to catch Odell. I watch from afar as I see Sean speaking calmly to Odell but judging Odell's facial expression, he's not even listening.

He's back in for the third quarter and Coach Tom hasn't even spoken to him. I take my seat and at this point I have to sit on my hands to stop myself from going after Odell myself.

During one of the plays in the third quarter I watch as the drama unravels. My jaw drops as I watch Odell running directly at Norman and pounce on him for a helmet to helmet collision. My hands fly above my head as I turn. I don't even wanna watch anymore.

The third quarter comes to an end a little while after and at this point Odell is on his second flag. I let Sean speak to him and he thinks he's slick, subconsciously avoiding me but I catch him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I say. He looks above my head, not making eye contact with me.

"I'm playing the game Linnéa-" He says speaking with assertion in his voice.

"That's not what it looks like and don't you dare speak like that to me. Look at me when I'm talking to you" I say. He continues to stand with his chest puffed out. I grab his beard and pull it so he's facing me.

"Ow Linnéa that hurts" he says.

"What must've really hurt is that helmet to helmet collision. You're fucking up your own reputation but you're also fucking up the game for the team. You've caught the ball like twice in 3 quarters over some prick who's calling you gay-"

"I'm not gay" he says, his jaw flexing.

"Who you think you're telling? Miss me and the team with your bullshit. Control your damn temper before I beat it outta you. Go apologise to the team and show us who Odell Beckham is" I say using a calmer tone with him now knowing that he's listening.

"Alright. I'm sorry Linnéa"

"I'm your easiest sorry. Go over there and apologise" he walks round me and to the team. I watch him as he apologises and takes the blame. Just before he runs out for the final quarter, he looks my way, winking at me. I give him a thumbs up and he's back out there.

Yall remember the dog bolt from the movie bolt? Well that's what Odell does in the final quarter. He weaves in and out of people, even accumulating two touchdowns. He brings our score back up to 35-35. But in the end, the panthers win by 3 points.

"Thank ya baybeh" He says as he walks by me.