.22

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Sunday 25 July 2015
New York, USA.

"Hey Bear" Odell says to me, using the nickname he gave to me once upon a time. I take a seat in the booth with him.

"Hi" I say back. We haven't really spoken since the altercation with DeAndre.

"I already ordered so we can wait for the food before we talk" He says.

"Okay" he tries to avoid looking at my forehead but he can't help it. Narvana bandaged it up for me and I couldn't even explain how it all really happened.

The waiter brings over our food. He got us burgers and fries. Of course I got sweet potato fries cause I love them shits.

"I wanna start by apologising for getting you hurt and embarrassing you at Bryson's football game" He says.

"I forgive you" I say softly.

"So who was that?" He asks.

"My ex DeAndre" I say.

"From how long ago?"

"We'd been over for a while but we broke up at the beginning of January"

"Why'd you wait so long?"

"He was never even around for me to be able to break up with him"

"And why was he at Bryson's football practice"

"Your guess is as good as mine. I haven't spoken to him since January" I take a sip of my drink. "I'm not mad that you hit him. In fact I appreciate that. What I'm mad about is how you didn't think before you acted"

"I couldn't have him disrespecting you like that. It made my blood boil-"

"Odell you're finna fuck up your burger" I say noticing his grip tighten on it. "You need to calm down Odell you can't be doing this"

"You mean so much to me and I can't think when it comes to somebody putting dirt on your name"

"That's what I'm mad about. Don't ruin your reputation for me. I wanna see you win not suffer. You're lucky no one recorded you"

"I am sorry but I don't regret doing it. I'd beat the shit out of him if I ever saw him again"

"Hopefully we won't be seeing him again"

"How long you in Jamaica for?" He asks.

"I get back on the 2nd, the day before your last preseason game"

"Oh"

"What is it?" I ask.

"I wanted to talk to you bout suumin"

"Now's the time"

"I wanna make you my girlfriend but I know how you and Neve are"

"She'd never forgive me if we got in a relationship and she finds out later"

"I know which is I wanted to ask you to speak to her" I get up and slide in beside him.

"I know and I will. She's usually in a good mood in Jamaica so that's a good time to ask" He kisses my forehead.

"How you think she gon react?"

"She doesn't like you like at all. She's finna be pissed but I'll soften the blow by telling her in Jamaica"

"Talking about Jamaica... I heard you talkin' on the phone to your dad after the lil altercation" my heart drops in my chest.

"What about it? You know ion talk about my daddy"