.19

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Thursday 11th June 2015
New York, USA

"Naya, Brys, this is Derrick. Rick this is my sister Linnéa and my brother Bryson"

"Hi guys" he says. I can instantly feel myself not liking him. Bryson looks over at me, letting me know he agrees with me.

"So uhh Brys w-" Derrick begins.

"It Bryson" He says giving him a sarcastic smile.

"Sorry. Bryson what do you think of basketball?"

"Mi like football. Basketball borin'" bryson says giving him the same smile.

"Oh cool. I played football for a while so I could help you out with tryouts and stuff"

"Odell can help me"

"You know Odell Beckham?" Derrick says sounding genuinely seriously. Narvana looks over at Derrick and even she looks pissed.

"Rick I been told you Naya works with the New York Giants"

"Oh yea babe I know. I heard you. What's it like working around men all the time... you know being a woman like yourself and all?" I roll my eyes hard.

"They don't objectify me and they treat me like one of the team so it's great" I say.

"I didn't mean it like that"

"What did you mean?"

"What I meant is that men's eyes roam-"

"Oh like yours?" Yuh disrespectin' my sister-"

"Naya it's alright" Narvana says.

"No Narvana it isn't" I stand up. "You cannot be doing that right in front of her by implying that ya looking at my body rather than my face so if yuh would like to step outside before mi haffi kick yo ass out"

"You not gon do shit" He says getting up.

"You can't talk to my sister like that" Narvana says standing up too.

"Never even liked you anyways. Was just tryna get some pussy" He says spitting at her.

"You got five seconds to leave fo' I tear yo ass into next week" I say stepping towards him. Bryson holds onto my hand and I know I gotta calm down. Derrick stands up and exits, not saying another word.

"Sista?" Bryson says tugging at my arm. I crouch down to his level.

"I'm sorry you had to see that" I say kissing his forehead.

"He nuh respect women but yuh lemme know an' daddy' lemme know dat dis a woman's world an' men nuh able witout woman"

"You're smart lil man but I'm still sorry." I say hugging him.

"I'm sorry I brought him into this home" Narvana says, hugging us both.

"It's okay Neve. We still love you. We just didn't love him" Bryson says.

"I love you too" she says before moving away from the family hug. She switches the channel to some anime shit.

"I thought I'd found me a man" she says with a sigh. Bryson jumps up beside her.

"You know I think I might've found you one now you mention it" I think back. I mean when I met him he was wearing an anime shirt. He's perfect for her.

"You find him before or after you terrorised Derrick?"

"I met him before but I definitely hadn't thought of it until now I swear. Besides, a man under pressure is the actual man you'll be dating. And he disrespectful"