.20

~~ Linnéa Yari Brown ~~
Friday 10th July 2015
New York, USA.

I take a breath before knocking on the door. It takes a minute but he opens the door and greets me with a smile.

"Hey Linnéa" Victor says.

"Hi Victor" I say back.

"Please. Come in. You don't have to take off your shoes" I follow behind him into his living room. Everything in here is basically white. Victor was always the clean one. I take a seat when he does.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm okay. How are you?" I rub my hands against my thighs as I feel my nerves racking.

"I'm aight. I know how you are. You wanna get it over and done with right?"

"Yea" I say with a nod.

"Do you wanna start or?"

"Victor you left us. Mama died and you just left. You left me, you left Neve, you left Brys and you left dad. I looked up to you and I needed you there but you disappeared."

"Naya I was hurting so bad. You know I was never close to dad and mama died and I just- I don't know"

"Victor I know it was a hard time and I get that. But you could have at least came back but you never did. You left and didn't come back. I basically forced you to come back by having this job"

"It was easier to block it out when you weren't there. There were so many times I wanted to reach out but I couldn't. But now you're here I have to and I need to. I missed 5 years of your life. I missed Brys grow up" I feel the tears roll down my cheeks.

"And that was all at your own hands. Victor you act like you're the only one who lost her though. You left Neve and I to basically raise Brys and it's like you didn't look back. I was close to mama too and she slipped from my fingers and I was going to grab onto you I swear but you weren't there. You were never there"

"I've been a shit brother but I didn't know how to brother you. Dad sent me away to play football at good schools which kept me away. I only saw y'all in Jamaica. Brys I barely knew him and it was just hard connecting with yall. Then mama died-" his voice cracks.

"Why didn't you talk to me?"

"You weren't coping and I didn't wanna add to that"

"And you weren't coping either. I let you be there for me so why didn't you let me? I was 16. Not Brys' age"

"Guy mentality. But Linnéa I swear I'm sorry. I honestly just want you back in my life- you, Brys and Neve. There's nothing else that I want." I take a deep breath.

"Talk to daddy and we'll be good. I need to know you're serious."

**
Saturday 18th July 2015.

"I'll see you later-" I begin as I reach the door.

"Linnéa wait" Narvana says.

"Yes Neve?" I say turning around.

"Can we talk before you go?" She says and she sounds upset.

"Sure wassup?" She points to the living room. I go in there with her and she takes a seat so I do as well.