e l e v e n

——— ハートブレイク ———

"Hey, uh Megan?" Mark's soothing voice filled Megan's ears, making her heart beat faster.

She cocked her head in his direction as she carved a huge smile on her when she saw her boyfriend leaning against the lockers.

He wore a red hoodie jacket above his white button down shirt and dark blue jeans along with his favourite sneakers.

Megan met his eyes and her smile grew bigger.

"Yes?" Megan muttered as Mark exhaled a deep sigh.

"Look Megan, I know we've been together for like three years but..." Mark paused and took a deep breath.

"I think we need to call our relationship a a quit."

Megan's smile immediately fell upon hearing those words. She stared at his emerald green eyes, hoping for some clue that he was joking but all she could find was emptiness.

"It's because of this right?" Megan's hand slowly crept up to where the scar was.

"I'm sorry." Mark quietly whispered as he looked down to his feet, not daring to look at Megan.

Tears begin pooling at the corner of her eyes as sadness and reality began locking itself in a chamber of her mind.

Megan held them back but the sight of Mark was enough to let the tears flow freely.

Megan slowly took a few steps back as Mark raised his head and watched Megan slowly back away from him.

When Megan's back finally was against the wall, she glanced at Mark once more.

"I'm sorry.. I have to go.."

Those were the few words that escaped from his mouth before he turned his back and left.

Megan sank to the floor as her sobs filled the empty hallway. Tears began trickling down her cheeks. She hugged her knees and stayed as such for a good few minutes.

She gave a piece of her heart to him.

And yet he threw it away.

That hurts her the most.

——— サイドノート ———

»I know; same ending as the one in one of the first few chapters but I can't think of another good ending to this chapter. I'm sleepy 😴«