f o u r

——— 汚れた傑作 ———

When Megan stared back at the reflection of her on the small mirror given by the nurse, all she saw was a different girl.

When she stared into that girl's eyes, all she saw was emptiness; the spark that once filled her brown eyes.

When she stared at the reflection, all she saw was a masterpiece now wrecked into pieces.

Broken; that was what she was.

Megan pushed a lock of her raven hair behind her ear, her breathing getting heavier by every second as she stared at herself.

Her hands began trembling and she dropped the mirror on her hospital bed before shuffling back against the pillows.

"No, no. You are not her. You are Megan. That one little happy girl." Megan repeatedly whispered over and over again but she knew she was lying to herself.

Megan looked down and calmed herself before staring at her nurse, Alison. Alison took a deep breath and shook her head sadly.

Megan knew what it meant.

She peered at the mirror one more time.

And there she stared back – a broken girl who had a scar extending from her temple to the bridge of her nose before extending to the side of her nose and across her right cheek.

"No."

Megan hastily grabbed the mirror and threw it hard to the wall, narrowly missing the windows of her ward.

It shattered upon impact and Megan and Alison watched as the pieces of glass fell to the fall.

Alison rushed to the shattered pieces as Megan curled up on her hospital bed, tears slowly falling.

At that moment, she realised something.

She was the mirror.

And those shattered pieces was her – a broken girl.