t w e n t y - s i x

——— 電話 ———

The phone rang several times and Megan was getting rather impatient. She told herself that Duncan would sooner or later picked the phone up but however that didn't happen.

Megan sighed and cancelled the phone call as she brushed away a lock of hair that fell in front of her face.

Megan couldn't understand why but silently, she felt as if she was needy of Duncan as she spent more time with him.

She wanted to be his first.

Megan brushed it off and stared at the playground.She sighed and decided to try to call Duncan.

"Hello?" Duncan finally picked up the phone as Megan was about to give up.

"Hello! Could I please get a drink so I could dun – a – can of it. Quick cause I'm thirsty. For you."

"Very funny Megan." Duncan replied, annoyance lingering in his voice.

Megan tried to imagine him frowning and getting all worked up. Megan grinned and forgot about their conversation momentarily.

"Megan?" Duncan's voice broke Megan's train of thoughts and her smile fell as Megan quickly replied.

"Yeah?"

"What's the occasion till you can't tell me tomorrow at the playground?"

"Uh just so you know I can't go there to the playground tomorrow. So don't go and sit there at the playground waiting for me to come." Megan chuckled, her mouth twisting into a goofy smile.

Duncan gave a prolonged chuckle too which warmed Megan's heart.

"But why aren't you going tomorrow?"

"I've got a doctor to see and places to be." Megan answered as she brushed away a lock of hair behind her eyes.

A long silence ensued and Megan wondered if Duncan was there on the other line. She could hear his breathings but she wondered if Duncan was really there and lost in his thoughts thinking about her.

A flicker of hope lit up to know that that was possible – that Duncan cared for her but she quickly squashed it when she realised that it may never happen.

Because after all, why would Duncan think of her?

Megan could hear the Duncan's breathings get unsteady and further away. She could muffles of sounds and Megan immediately began to worry. She was about to say something but Duncan beat her to that.

"Uh hey Megan. Can we talk about it tomorrow? The doctor just told me some shit I ain't needing now."

"Okay." Megan quietly whispered as panic and worry began locking themselves in a chamber of her mind before the line went dead.

——— サイドノート ———

Hello. Sorry for the late update but I've been seriously busy with school. I've decided to post an update every Wednesday or Thursday if I have time.

Anyway thoughts on what will happen in the next chapter?