t w e n t y - f i v e

——— 最初の呼び出し ———

"Where did you get those from?" Carly tilted her head upon noticing the bouquet of flowers that sat on the stand besides Megan's hospital bed after Carly had done check ups on Megan.

"Uh from a boy?" Megan raised her eyebrows as she glanced at the bouquet of flowers and back to Carly.

Carly smiled slyly causing Megan to once again, throw a questioning look at her.

"Isn't it from lover boy? The one you've been meeting every day?" Carly teased causing Megan to blush but Megan held back by biting her lips.

"How do you even know such things. I mean you only –"

"I only work as a mindless zombie? Hun, I am also an observer of the world's progression so I would of course spot you hanging out with a boy." Carly interrupted while smiling slyly once again.

Megan widened her eyes causing Carly to chuckle slightly.

"You have a thing for lover boy don't you?" Carly asked, smiling slightly like a little idiot.

Megan shook her head a little too fast and Carly widened the grin on her face.

"Well lucky you, you can't see him tomorrow. Doctor Matt wants to check your condition." Carly mumbled and Megan mentally gasped in surprise.

"Okay." Megan nodded her head and Carly nodded back before walking out of Megan's ward.

Megan leaned her head against her pillow and wondered how could she possibly tell Duncan that she couldn't make it tomorrow.
Then she remembered.

His phone number.

Megan sighed in relief as she reached for the piece of paper that stuck out like a sore thumb from the bouquet of flowers.

Megan grabbed her mobile phone from the stand and dialed the number before placing her phone against her ear.

Let's hope he answers.

Megan told herself and patiently waited for her 'night' to pick up the phone.

——— サイドノート ———

Sorry for the late update guys. Updates should be expected a little slower as I've started school. Thank you for your understanding! 😃😀