Chapter 20

*************************************************************************************

Meanwhile Mark and everyone were looking hard for Brilynne. Mark sat in his house with some police. He was on the phone with his mother trying to convince her that she needn't come over that the best she could do for him was keep an eye out for Brilynne, just in case.

Of course Molly expected this. Police and people to be on high alert looking for Brilynne. She wasn't really ready to see Mark yet and Brilynne could sense that.

"Hey Molly. You can drop me off on the corner so daddy doesn't see you."

"No it's okay bud. I wanna make sure you're okay." she said parking the car the they both got out. Brilynne grabbed Molly's hand but not to be safe but because she could sense Molly needed her to and Molly thanked her internally.

As they neared the house the police noticed her and then Mark saw her and drop the phone from his face and raced towards her. He engulfed Brilynne in the tightest hug ever while he cried. Molly stepped away from the scene and followed an officer to provide her statement.

"Princess you scared me. Don't do that to me again! It's not good for daddy's heart."

"I'm still mad at you daddy."

"I know. I'm just happy you're home. I love you princess."

"I love you too daddy, but yout you're not off the hook." she said wiping his tears away and he kissed her hands lovingly. He had never been so scared in his life. He hadn't thought to check with Molly, actually he did. He feared that she would hang up on him. He had no right to call her for help but he should've at least tried anyways, because she always surprised him.

The police started to clear out while talking to Molly for her statement and telling the press. When they left. Molly was walking away and Brilynne was giving her dad the french fries she brought for him when he yelled out behind her

"Thank you."

"No problem. B, I'll be by a little later to say goodbye." she said not turning around at all as she continued to walk away. He knew he deserved that and he couldn't blame her if she couldn't look at him, but he was beyond grateful at this moment to have met her in the first place.

"Okay." she said smiling brightly as she waved on. 

When she was out of sight she stopped to control her breathing. It took all her energy and will power not to run into his arms and kiss him.

********************************************************************************************

Molly was lifting boxes into her car when Luke showed up. He immediately ran over to her and grabbed the box from her arms and in her mind she was like great what could he possibly want

"Thank you."

"No problem. Where are you going?"

"To school."

"What?! I thought you had another week left?" he asked confused following her into her house and grabbing another box as she did too. So he didn't know that Mark and her had already broken up

"Nahhh I decided it was time to leave ya know. I mean my roommates already up and they've been begging me to come up so I figured this is as good as a time as any."

"Does Mark know?" just when he asked that question Greg and Chris come running up her drive way

"Hey guys what're you doing here?" Luke asked until he noticed the unforgiving look on their faces "What's going on?"

"You broke him!"

"Huh? What're you talking about?"

"You know damn well what we're talking about. You broke Mark!"

"He hasn't eaten since last night. As a matter of fact he hasn't spoken. I didn't think it was possible to break him anymore than Laura did but you did it."

"Brilynne hates him. She won't even speak to him."

"She tried to run away last night!" Greg shouted in her face as if that was going to help. She felt bad and her heart fluttered painfully a little but to put the blame on her was just plain wrong. It amazed her that they didn't know that she knew Brilynne had tried to run away because she brought her home.

They hadn't known that information because when they got back to the house Brilynne and Mark were asleep and Mark held onto Brilynne tightly and protectively. They didn't dare wake them. They were just happy she was home and now the only ties they had to take care were the ones with Molly.

"HOW DARE YOU COME HERE AND BLAME ALL OF THIS ON ME. DON'T YOU DARE PUT THIS WEIGHT ON ME! I DID NOTHING WRONG. PEOPLE BREAK UP ALL THE TIME. MARK AND I BROKE UP FOR A REASON THAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS BUT SINCE YOU ARE HERE YELLING AT ME IN MY FACE I WILL TELL YOU! 

I spoke to Luke a couple of days ago. You basically told me Mark's plan to let me go at the end of them summer. What the fuck was I supposed to do? Just let that happen? Why wait until then when you can just get it over with now. You guys are assholes yelling at me when I didn't even want to break up. I was willing to make it work because that's how much I love him and being a part of Brilynne's life, but him not so much. You wanted me to be the one who got hurt when his phone calls would just stop and when i came to visit you would all ignore me and pretend like you never knew me. That's rich! Well I'm not stupid! And I don't deserve that. As for Brilynne, she made her own decision with her own mind. He has to live with breaking her heart this time, just like he broke mine. The blood on his hands was a solo effort. 

I would love to continue to be yelled at in my own driveway but I've got places to be. So if you'd excuse me." she finished saying laced with venom the guys felt it as she walked away. When she was almost at her door she turned around to lastly say "I wish I could say it was nice meeting you guys but in a few hours it'll be like we never met. See ya later henchmen." then she disappeared into her house leaving them standing there astonished

The blood wasn't only on Mark's hands it was on theirs too.

"We're not gonna just let that happen right?"

"It kinda just did."

"I don't want Molly to hate us."

"Me either, but we can't just go talk to her again. Let's just give her some time."

"What do you mean? She's leaving today."

"She's not coming back."

"How are we supposed to apologize?"

"I have an idea." Chris said and ran to the car and rummaged through it for a few minutes then came back to where they stood and handed Luke a pen and a notebook. They wrote her a letter and left it on the windshield of her car.

She watched them from her window as they conversed and when they left she was grateful. She continued putting the rest of her things into the car. She saw the note they left her but she decided that she would read it once she was back at school.  

It was time to tackle saying goodbye to Brilynne. She decided to go shopping for a couple of gifts to give her before she left.