Chapter 29

*Mark's Point of View*

Mark woke up with stinging sun in his eye and Greg nudging his shoulder. He felt hands on him and when he fully opened his eyes he saw his friends standing above him snickering and smiling while giving him the thumbs up. Greg took out his phone and was snapping a few blackmail pictures for later. 

Mark looked to his side and saw Avery asleep and cuddled up close to him and naked, but to his shock he wasn't. Only his shirt was off. He hadn't slept with her. He slowly pulled himself from the bed and got up and when his friends saw he still had on his jeans instead of making fun of him for not getting it in, they silently applauded him for not making a mistake and thanked Molly in their heads for being the reason he didn't drunkenly sleep with another college girl. 

They all waited until he wrote Avery a note then they all left the room and hugged him. 

"Aww guys why're you hugging me?"

"Because we're proud of you." Gavin answered

"What? Why?"

"We just are Bro." Luke said smiling as he patted him on the chest as they walked back to the car.

When they got back to the house and walked in Chris sat at the kitchen table eating while Alex washed dishes.

"Hi guys! Have you had breakfast yet? I made enough."

"Ohhh yasssss! Best girlfriend ever!"

"Listen Alex if you ever feel like upgrading from Chris, I'm available." he joked and Chris playfully punched him in the stomach

Alex just laughed as she placed more food on the table for the guys to sit down and eat. 

"So where were you guys last night?"

"Oh you know here and there."

"You smell like beer and women's perfume, so I'm assuming you met some lovely ladies and watched Netflix and cuddled all night right?"

"At least Mark was after seeing--" he stopped himself

"After seeing who?"

Chris looked all around at all his friends and he immediately knew who they were talking about.

"What's she doing in town?"

"She?" she asked confused and feeling out of the loop until "Molly?"

"It's no big deal we just saw her last night at Lizzie's when we went to grab some ice cream. No big deal. I'm gonna go grab a shower." Mark said getting up and leaving the room to go shower but before he left "She's still beautiful, but I get it now. We're really done. And I'm not okay with it but I will be."

Once he left the room they all just sat quietly for a few minutes before Gavin opened his mouth and said

"I heard him talking to her on the phone last night. I figured she called him, but it could've been the other way around. I couldn't bring myself to eavesdrop because it sounded pretty intense so there's that."

"Wow."

"What're we gonna do about it?"

"Nothing."

"What?"

"Nothing. It's his life. His choices. Let him figure things out and he'll talk to us when he's ready. We can't push him."