Chapter 25

"How did you know all these girls would be here?"

"Dude it's college. I think we should've invested in going."

"Don't  you think we're a little too old to be here?"

"Nope." he said nodding his head at the old man in the corner reading his book and smiling

Mark made his way over to a group of ladies who sat eating their lunch. He immediately made eye contact with girl whose skin was the color of milk chocolate and eyes a dark penetrating brown he thought they could pass for black.

She smiled at him as she saw him approach her. She's never seen him before. She would know because she practically knew everyone on campus. When she saw him shift and change the direction of where he was headed and was headed straight for her. He plopped down next to her.

"I'm sorry if this is forward or makes you uncomfortable but I just had to come over to you and tell you just how beautiful you are."

She giggled and her friends swooned

"What's your name beautiful?"

"Avery. What's yours Mr. Mysterious?"

"Mr. Mysterious, how so? My name is Mark."

"Well you're mysterious because I've never seen you around here before."

"Well that's a shame now isn't it? Introduce me to your friends?"

"Guys this is Mark. Mark this is Chloe and that's Violet. Jenny is here somewhere." she said looking around then Jenny appeared "Oh there's Jenny she's talking to that guy over there, who I've also never seen before. Actually I've never seen any of those guys before."

"Oh those are my friends."

"You should invite them over here."

"Are you sure?"

Avery nodded enthusiastically. Mark shot up and walked over to his friends and told them to come over.

**************************************************************************************************

"So you do this every time you go home? Alone?"

"Yup!"

"How in the hell do you not fall asleep or get bored?"

"Well I love the music I play and I know I can wait until I get home to go sleep. Plus I miss home sometimes so that keeps me excited and awake to get all the way home."

"Well from now on whenever you gotta go home let me go home with you."

"No way!"

"Yes way!"

"No way am I gonna have your parents mad at me for you coming to Connecticut all the time and never going home."

"They'll be totally fine. They see me enough and it's not like any major holidays I'll go home with you unless you really need me to."

"Oh hush up." she said laughing as she continued driving. "You wanna stop for dinner soon?"

"How far away are we now?"

"Probably a good 2 hours?"

"Good then it'll be my turn to drive."