Chapter 12

Molly snapped back into reality when her dogs started to bark at her feet. She pushed him away

''No this is wrong. You're seeing somebody else, I'm not home-wrecker. You can't--we can't--" he kissed her again.

"Show me your room, we need to talk. Please" he said pulling away from her lips quickly. He was nervous and he had every reason to be. The way he'd treated her a couple of hours ago he wouldn't be surprised if this making up would be harder than he hopes.

"Okay." she turned around and led him downstairs to her room.

She sat down on the bed as he looked around her room and took in the sight of it. Her room was 3 times the size of his and her house was huge. And the TV, no wonder Brilynne and her friends couldn't stop talking about Molly's house. 

"Yeah, it's something isn't it? The TV is my dad's. Since I moved away he bought himself a huge TV to watch." She joked rolling her eyes. 

He just forced a smile and continued to look around. He looked at her pictures and saw tons with Brilynne from the slumber party and some from her school.

"If you want me to take those down I will."

"No, the pictures are yours. She looks happy."

"I have extra if you want." Molly said nervously rummaging through one of her drawers. 

"You can give it to me some other time. Right now lets talk." He said touching her arm softly 

"Okay what do you wanna talk about?"

"Molly, I'm sorry. I overreacted. I should've just let you explain but instead I pushed you away because I'm an insecure idiot."

"It's okay."

"It's not okay. You are so gentle and kind and funny. Brilynne has fallen in love with you and you provide her with the things  that I can't, like a woman's perspective and I'm glad it's yours." He looked down into her eyes and said meekly "I watched your videos."

Molly remained quiet encouraging him to talk some more. He looked away shyly before continuing. 

"I understand why you do what you do. I could see it in your eyes, the feeling being in front of that camera gave you. I felt it myself for a little bit. I want you back Moll." he said now sitting down next to her.

"What? Why? What about Miss O'Connor?"

"First off I'm not seeing her. Chris is head over heels for her and he won't admit it. I was stupid when I yelled at you both times. You make Brilynne happy. You make me happy and you're the best thing that's happened to me since Brilynne."

"What if I don't wanna get back with you?"

"Oh." He said hurt and embarrassed. His palms started to sweat and his eyes scattered around for ways to exit "Ha. Well this was awkward. I'm just gonna go now" he said scratching the back of his head. Mark made to stand up but Molly grabbed his hand and he looked back at her. "Molly--" she pulled him back to her. She touched her hand to his face and he rubbed his cheek against her hand but then tried to step back "Just let me go before I embarrass myself some more"

She looked at him confused then she stood up too in front of him. She pulled his face to hers and she kissed his lips softly before pulling away leaving him with his eyes closed and lips puckered.