001⸰

forewarning: this story will contain strong language and mature content

jung jaehyun, born into riches, accompanied his friend nakamoto yuta at his family's yearly house party. the nakamoto's had known the jung's from working together at a well-known technology company.

in their parents eyes the rich had to stick together so it was natural they had their sons meet at a young age.

together the pair was mischievous. yuta knew how to bring out jae's wild side whereas jae usually calmed yuta down when he got too wild. the pair were well behaved in front of their parents but alone, it was another story.

"let's ditch this party and go into town." yuta suggested out the blue the moment the two left the crowded dining hall for the corridor.

jae shook his head like he usually did when yuta had random ideas that could either get them in trouble or hurt.

"no. that's a dumb idea. my parents would have a fit."

"live a little woojae." he smirked while jae cringed at his family nickname he was given to at the age of 7.

"i do live. i can live a lot actually." jae lifted his sweater sleeve, showing his unlimited amount of time.

"exactly, so let's go. you have plenty of time. use it on something productive."

one thing about jaehyun was that he was easily influenced when it came to yuta. no one else could influence him to break rules like yuta could. that was one of yuta's perks. yuta had something special that got jae out of his small shell, sometimes.

he could change someone's perspective on the simplest things with his words or stare. "can i at least take a bodyguard?"

"no." yuta deadpanned before yanking jae towards his room on the second floor. upon entering the all too familiar room jae sat down on yuta's king sized bed.

"bro, put these on." he was tossed worn out jeans, a ripped jacket and a plain black shirt. he dropped the items in disgust. yuta looked at jae expectantly after slipping off his white button up.

"what are these?"

"clothes."

"yeah well no shit. why do i need to wear them?"

yuta zipped his ripped jeans and smiled his pearly whites at jae. "to fit in with the poor idiot."

jaehyun clutched the worn out navy blue jacket to his body as he shivered, not from the cold but from nerves. this was completely out of his element but to yuta this was nothing.

jaehyun's parents would never allow him to leave the security of the rich side of seoul. but here he was, breaking the rules with his best friend who strutted the dirt covered streets like he owned the place.

"where exactly are you taking me yuta?"

"to a coffee shop." confused, jae tugged on yuta, causing him to stop in his tracks. jae shook his head trying to find the right words to use on his best friend.

"did i hear you right? a coffee shop? they have coffee shops in–" yuta covered jaehyun's mouth as two shabby looking men passed by them, muttering about how they need to find more people to kill to gain more time.

naturally, panic filled jaehyun after hearing those men. his eyes widen while his breath turned ragged.

"you have to keep quiet around here. the moment these people find out about us we're dead meat." yuta whispered dangerously low. filled with fright jae clung to yuta as they continued their journey in the afternoon light.

"this is it." jae observed the worn down brick building. the flickering sign read "Dong's Brewery". from through the window the inside looked better than the inside. the walls were cream with light green fixtures.

the tables were white wood and the chairs were light green bar stools that matched the interior. one worker could be seen wiping down a table. he had visible black hair and a tall slim build.

"i'm trying to find the importance of this place but i'm not finding any."

"the importance is that worker." yuta pointed at the guy cleaning. "that's dong sicheng, the son of the shops owner. i think–" yuta paused and let out what seemed to be a pathetic laugh. "i think i love him."

"excuse me, can you spare me some time?" yuta and jaehyun looked across the street where a skinny pale boy with fiery orange hair and bugged out eyes held his hand out to a woman and her daughter as they exited a ramen shop.

the woman scoffed, pulling her daughter behind her and quickened their pace. another skinny boy with ashy brown hair stepped out from the shadows, approaching the orange haired boy. he couldn't be any older than jaehyun and yuta. neither of them could.

"doyoung, please stop asking helpless woman with children."

"tae— i–i can't help it. look at my time!" jaehyun squinted his eyes to read the green numbers on his arm.
his jaw dropped once he could see his time. he had a little under 3 months left. "i'm going to die... i'm scared tae. terrified."

jaehyun watched in suspense. he felt a pang of pity for the one named doyoung. the desperation in his voice hit home with jaehyun. the one named "tae" held his forearm out.

"take some of mine." doyoung seemed as if he was going to cry. he continuously chanted 'thank you'. jae watched as the two connected their forearms together. a month was added to doyoung's arm while tae lost one.

"get somewhere safe for the night doyoung." the redhead nodded and sprinted off. tae combed through his hair and turned towards the coffee shops direction.

jaehyun's breath got stuck in his throat as the two made eye contact. though it was hard to see due to the dim lighting, jae could see the sadness in the others eyes. tae narrowed his eyes and escaped into the shadows.

"yuta.." jae nudged his friend who had turned his attention to watching the one named sicheng unbox bags of coffee beans. "i want to go back home."

hope you all enjoyed the first chapter~ i have high hopes for this story in 2017! thank you for reading!