010⸰

taeyong fell to his knees the moment yuta pushed him into jaehyun's bedroom. the door shut behind them, jaehyun turned to yuta, his expression, shook.

"did that actually work?" he questioned, his eyes trailing over both boys in amazement. taeyong rubbed his knees, as he rose to his feet. he could finally breathe correctly again.

"jung jaehyun, congrats. you actually did something right."

"excuse me," taeyong intervened, his arms crossed. "i did most of the talking. and i don't appreciate you throwing me on the ground."

he poked yuta's chest. "my bad. ah, well now that he's safe i'll be going. jae, text me."

"so soon? but yuta–" yuta smiled and waved as he left through the door, making sure to close it behind him. the uneasiness set out in the room. taeyong rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet whereas jaehyun bit his lip, not exactly knowing what to do now.

"um." both of them started. flustered, jaehyun motioned for taeyong to speak first.

"where will i be sleeping? i don't have clothes or living necessities."

jaehyun's house had more than enough guest rooms but he didn't want taeyong to feel uncomfortable in an unfamiliar room by himself so he smiled brightly and pointed to his own king sized bed that sat in the middle of his room.

"my bed is big enough for the both of us. and for clothes, we can go shopping. i know the best designer shops we can go to. taeil's mom owns one. ah, taeil is my other best friend."

taeyong simply blinked. he was still trying to process the fact that Jaehyun said he could sleep in his bed.

honestly, what is up with this kid?

"first of all, i'm not sleeping in your bed."

jaehyun shrugged. "my house, my rules."

"jaehyun i don't know what your problem is," taeyong started, "but you drug me into your rich life and just expect me to do whatever you say? i don't owe you anything." he snapped, his voice revealing all his pent-up anger.

"taeyong–"

"i demand some say in this damnit!" he stomped his foot, startling jaehyun. "so please for fuck sake, tone it down!"

jaehyun hung his head low. taeyong was right, absolutely right. he was acting too fast, it probably seemed creepy to taeyong and that's not what Jaehyun wanted at all. his intentions were pure but his way of showing them were coming off wrong.

"i'm sorry taeyong. i've been acting too fast. i'll tone it down a lot. can we start over?"

taeyong rolled his eyes. there was nothing to start over at this point but nonetheless, he agreed, nodding his head for the approval.

"i guess."

"from now and on, we're on a path to become friends. let me show you the guest bedroom and a quick tour before we go out."

taeyong felt like his mind was imploding with new things to remember. the house rules, the directions in which to get around, the password for various rooms that for some reason needed it. like, who puts a password to a gym room?

"i know it's a lot but you'll get used to it." jae reassured.

"is yuta's house like this?" jaehyun shook his head and chuckled.

"it's bigger." he felt even dizzier. while jaehyun went over to the telephone to dial up the limo service taeyong sat down on a chair that was approved for sitting.

you'd be surprised how many seating items couldn't be sat on due to his mother's rules. he slumped over, his elbows resting on his knees while his face was covered by his hands.

this is crazy. all of this is crazy. will i really survive here, with jaehyun? with his friends and family? will i ever see mark or doyoung again?

taeyong felt his eyes prick from his threatening tears. he fought against them falling. he couldn't show weakness in front of jaehyun, not again, let alone ever again.

"taeyong?" jaehyun's concerned voice sent taeyong spiraling in a pit of memories.

. . .

taeyong was happy he was alone in the small apartment, no one would see him break down. his heart-wrenching sobs echoed off the barren walls. his vision was blurred, his cheeks were beet red as he clutched his pillow to his chest. his salty tears raced down his cheeks as he squeezed his eyes shut.

"mom, dad... i miss you so much." their smiling faces flashed through his mind, causing him to let out more sorry cries. "why did you have to leave me?"

"taeyong?" there, in the bedroom doorway was ten. his concerned voice made taeyong feel worse. he was caught being vulnerable. "baby, shhh. it's okay." ten climbed onto the faulty mattress, his arms wrapped around taeyong's shaking and weak figure.

"ten, you shouldn't see me like this." ten ran his fingers through taeyong's hair soothingly. his heart hurt seeing his lover so broken.

"baby, you can let it out. i understand you can't be strong all the time. this is perfectly fine. i'm here for you, i'll always be here for you..."

. . .

"taeyong why are you crying?" taeyong snapped out his memories, his hand immediately wiping away the stray tears on his cheek.

"is the limo here?" he tried to play it off as nothing but jaehyun knew better. he frowned up at taeyong who continued to sniffle and wipe his face.

"yeah... it's outside." he decided to drop the subject, figuring he's already meddled with taeyong more than enough. he would eventually bring it up again, maybe when they were closer, or the mood was different but for now he ignored it.

"okay. i'm ready to see this designer shop. lead the way."

tysm for reading! 💕 taeyong's memories will appear a lot more now~