Chapter 9

Sasha's pov
The guy was interesting, I'll give him that, he was down a couple of hours so I had enough time to plant evidence in his home, when I want something I get it.

A man on the inside was the best option, I asked Xavier to plant a chip in his arm, that will let us know his location at all times, also we'll know when he is lying and when he is in danger.

Xavier is one of the best scientists and also a computer freak. He's the kind of guy who needs protection because he likes to do 'stuff' that are not legal.
My father gave him the lab and that meant freedom from the law, he liked to work alone and rarely comes out of hiding.

I took Jack to my office. "Sit down." I instructed him, going to the cabinet and poured a drink.

He did as I instructed, took a bottle of water and gave it to him. " You have been missing for some time, your partner will soon call about you, we need you to get back to your apartment as soon as possible." He raised his eyebrows.

"Is it clean?" He asked showing no trust.

"Yes Jack, If I promise something I always do it." My phone rang, it was Marius, the car was ready.

"Listen Jack let's get things straight, everything that you hear about my neighborhood, you call." I gave him a phone.

"It can't be traced, the number does not exist. We are that good. Oh, Jack, it will auto destruct if anybody else touches it. Be careful it will blow up that person also." I loved what Xavier created.

"You created a phone with a bomb?" He took the phone and started to analyze it.

"You'll be amazed what I can do." He was so easy to impress.

"I'll do as instructed. Who can I call?" He opened the phone and saw only my number.

"No one else except me, if you try to call anyone else it will signal me." I patted him on the back.

"It's time for you to go." there was something else I had to do. That Russian will pay for that.

"What should I say about my disappearance ?" He stood up from the chair looking at me with those big blue eyes, gorgeous indeed.

"You will take care of that Jack, I know you'll do well." I smiled and motion him to the door.

"Remember, don't betray me Jack." I got closer to him, inches away from his face" I don't want to hurt you." It was just a whisper, but I heard him say okay.

Jack's pov
I reached home, and called McCoy.
"Hello partner, missed me?" There was shuffle on the other line "Kid, oh my God, you are alive! Where are you, home? What happened?"

"I got shot, I don't know who...Someone took me to the hospital, I was unconscious. I'm good now. How is everyone?"

"Worried about you! We know you entered the  red painted neighborhood, but not what happened next. Can you come to the station for a cup of coffee?" I could sense the unease in his voice.

"Sure thing! I'll be there in 30." I hung up the phone and took a shower. My arm was still hurting.

It took me a couple of minutes to get to the station, I told them my story and that no one remembers who got me there. Nothing else was asked so I went to the diner to eat.

I hope this shit won't blow in my face, I had a rough day...