Chapter 30

Jack's pov

There was nothing around me, pure nothingness, blackness...I didn't even know if my eyes were closed or open, my body felt numb, did i still have a body? 

I tried to set my mind in moving my hand, it felt like it was moving. There was a faint voice, I didn't understand what it was saying...it felt closer, and closer...

"He's moving, oh my God he moved his fingers...NURSE! NUUURSE!"

That voice, who...who was that man? 

"Please, let me go, I am coming as fast as I can..."

"He moved his fingers I swear..."

"This young man was in a coma for the past days I don't know if you saw right..."

A coma? Who? Me? 

I moved the fingers from my other hand, well it looks like I'm good...but...

"See, he did it again..."

"Oh God, I'm calling the Doctor..."

"Jack, son, Jack do you hear me, open your eyes son, open your eyes."

I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder.

My eyelids were so heavy, the man was still in the room, who was he what happened? 

Finally I managed to crack my eyes open, light invaded my vision, after that much blackness the light was reassuring but also blinding. 

"Mr. McCoy please stand back! My Name is Dr. Stevens, Jack do you hear me?" 

I tried to speak but my lips didn't even move. 

"Jack if you hear me try moving your fingers." And so I did.

"Good Jack, now try to move the fingers from your other hand." I did that too.

"Good, good. We are progressing. Jack I need one more thing from you, open your eyes as much as you can." 

That was what I was trying to do for the past minutes but my eyes were so heavy. I kept trying and I managed to get them half open. I was in bright room, with white walls and blue floor. 

The doctor was watching me closely, the man who's face I did not recognize was behind him and a nurse at the door. 

I tried to speak but nothing happened.  

"That's good Jack, take it easy, don't push yourself. Don't worry, everything is going to be ok." 

"Mr. McCoy, please announce his family that he is finally awake and they don't need to worry. Jack will be functioning properly in 4 weeks time. His wounds are healing rapidly. We need to run some tests for amnesia or memory loss, and he will be out of here in no time."

"Thank God!! Thank you doctor!" McCoy's eyes brighten from the news.

But what happened, why am I here? In a hospital, the doctor said something about a coma. Was I in an accident? 

"Jack, partner, I am so happy to see you got out of the coma, kid. I was so worried, we all were." 

I furrowed my eyebrows, my...partner? But I didn't know this man, McCoy.

I managed to part my lips and ask him the question that bugged me the most: "Why...am..I...here?" 

His have fell almost fell to the floor. He paled. "Jack what do you last remember?" 

I looked at the water cup, I was so thirsty., McCoy noticed "Want some water?" 

I nodded. 

The water was so refreshing I wanted to drink all of it at once. "Not too much kid. Take it easy."

I nodded again and managed a thank you. 

"I'll leave you rest kid. I will be back in a couple of hours. Don't force yourself. You'll be on your feet in no time." 

He was right I felt as if I ran a marathon. I fell back to sleep in a couple of minutes, but my mind was still full of questions the most important one was: "What happened?"

That  night I had a dream, there was a woman with long blonde hair almost white sitting in my hospital room on a chair near my bed. Hey eyes were so sad. She approached my bed and set her hand on my chest. "Take care of yourself Jack. Live a long and happy life. Leave this place. Go back home, and stay safe." 

She kissed my forehead, a tear ran down her cheek.  Why was she so sad? Was she just my imagination?