Chapter 29

Sasha's pov
I woke up as if nothing happened, just a normal day, took the plate from last night to the kitchen, poured myself some orange juice and opened my email.

Sam had everything ready, as I asked her she found that some girls were really talented. The show will consist in two girls dancing with fire, one girl singing, one girl playing the cello and one contortionist. Well that would get the guys interested.

I had two bank robbers moving in today in block A, they were running from Florida. I'll ask Cage to take care of them and see what are they made of.

Bank robbers...thieves...are those kind of villains that plan everything, you can't rob a bank if you are stupid..nope...that is why they are my kind of people.

There were a lot of business related emails. Most of them from my new manager, lately he proved that he was indeed a good investment. The productivity of our firm grew to 30% and that's a lot for, how long? A month since he's been hired?

Looks like we have to meet as soon as possible so I set up a meeting with him tomorrow morning. I could have invited him to the opening but it's safe to not overlap these two business.

There was a knock at the door. I looked on the monitor and saw Sun in front of my apartment. I let him in and continued to drink my juice.

"Good morning, princess! How are you?" He took a seat next to me.

"I'm fine thank you! Why are you up so early? You are not a morning person." I chuckled and poured him a glass of juice.

He looked at me..smiled in return and took a gulp of juice.

"Well it's been a couple of rough days, and I wanted to check up on you."

"Do you want to have breakfast?"

"Sure princess, where to?"

"There's a diner a couple of blocks from here, they have some nice scrambled eggs."

He nodded, "Let's  go!"

I took a pair of black boots with a black dress that had bare shoulders, quickly applied some mascara and lipgloss, got my hair in a bum and I was ready to go.

We went to the garage and took the black mustang again. This time I let Sun drive, I know he was an excellent driver and a lover of cars.

"Princess, I wanted to talk to you about something." He squeezed the steering wheel.

"Ok.what?"

"What's up with the police guy? How did he know where we were? How come he did not cone with the others from the station?"

I sighed, I knew that this was a discussion I couldn't bury any longer.

"Jack works for us, he's giving us intel about the police's findings about us."

I looked out the window, the sky was a nice shade of baby blue, no sight of clouds, it's going to be a sunny day.

"Is that all? Your reaction to him being hurt was something else."

I knew what Sun was implying, but I also knew that he was the most ruthless from all of us and if he knew that I loved Jack, he would kill him.

"He's a good asset. I don't want to lose sight of the police."

We reached the diner, got out of the car and we were seated at my usual table.

"Sasha, you know how important your mission is..." I cut his speech off.

"Sun! I have been trained for this long enough. I know what I have to do. So please spear me the lesson."

I ordered our food and drinks and continued to look outside. 

Sun understood that this discussion will reach nowhere so he dropped it.

We ate our meal chitchatting about our days at the academy, the good days indeed.