Chapter 31

Sasha's pov
He did not remember me. His eyes saw a stranger.
I got out of the hospital room as fast as I could. No one should see me here, even McCoy threatened me to keep away. They think we want to kill him because he has information about the war.
They don't know anything about us and that's reassuring.

I touched my cheek, a tear...why am I even crying?

Marius was waiting for me in the car. I wiped my eyes and entered the back of the car.

"Back to the party Marius, we are celebrating the opening aren't we?"

Marius nodded, " Right away miss."

I stared out the window, he seems like he has no memory of what happened, maybe it's for the best, he will be sent home, away from this city, he's too good to stay here.

People like me kill people like him that's the truth.

Sam was outside the club fidgeting, she ran to the car and grabbed my hand. "Miss, oh god you are not ready! Miss please let's hurry we have half an hour left, people are already here, half of the bar is full."

"I know." Sam was so excited about this, she was good. I gave her a smile and let her lead me to the office.

A white satin dress was waiting for me with deep cuts that ran to my thighs, and red long gloves with A pair of silver stilettos and the look was done.
She curled my hair applied some liner mascara and red lipstick and I was ready for the party.

"Miss, you look breathtaking!"

"Thank you Sam, shall we?"

She nodded and followed me out of the office.

"The ladies are ready, we only need you to open the night with a little speech and that's it."

"Let's do this!"

I got up on the stage, all lights and eyes were on me.

"Welcome to the Red velvet! New and improved! I wish you a great night full of your own desires. Lights!"

And the lights turned off, I got away from the stage and the girls went to take positions.

The lights went on again also the music, the public was entranced, spitting fire, fire circles, violin playing dancing like a real cabaret, but with less clothes and a bit of humping.

I smiled and went to the bar, Sun was waiting for me there, in a black tuxedo.

"You are not much of a talker are you?"

He snickered, "Why are you here Sun? Out of work? Need me to give you some?"
I smiled at him, playfully.

"Nah, just came back."

He took a glass of bourbon, "The Chinese are cooperating with the Russians as we feared."

"I know, tell me something new Sun."

"You need a meeting! You Need to let the other families know what's going. You lost some men too Sasha..."

I looked him dead in the eyes, " Do you think I don't know?"

"I wasn't referring to your puppy Sasha."

"Shut up Sun, you know nothing!"

I took a gulp of my Martini. "I will try to get the families together. But that means the Chinese and the Russians have to be here."

"Of course, if you have a meeting without them all hell will break loose."

I finished my Martini and asked for another one.

"I need to think this over Sun. We are not in that of a hurry. It takes time for them to recover. I will think this through."

"Yes you do, you need to hurry..." he put a hand on my shoulder."We got your back!"

I knew that, but sometimes I doubt even them. "Any news from North?"

"Not yet, he's still missing. Were you guys in a fight or something?"

"No." I simply put it, but he did not buy my response.

"Okay, I'm going to enjoy a bit of this carnival you have managed here. By the way, it looks really cool. Have a great night Sash."

He blew me a kiss and mingled with the crowd.

Jimmy was at the bar smiling kindly at me. "Need another one boss?"

"Give me the whole bottle Jim, it's going to be a long night!"

He nodded and gave me the bottle. I went upstairs in the private booth and watched the commotion and the shows.

My empire, threatened...I couldn't have that.

Jack's face was on my mind...sighing I gulped down some more out of the bottle.

Yeah, I'll get so drunk. Fuck this life, I dis not choose this. My own father did this to me, if only I could slap his fucking face off, but he was two meters underground. In peace and quiet.

I took a seat in the black velvet sofa. Alone, as always. Maybe if things were different I would have had a normal like, a boyfriend, kisses, long showers, vacations, marriage even kids...

But noo I am a mafioso, a killer, a destroyer or lives.

That is what I am!