Chapter 24

Jack's pov
I woke up with a massive headache. My muscles were sore, I was thirsty as hell and my breath stank of alcohol.

My bed was so comfortable but I was in need of a shower, the clock showed 8:30 in the morning, shit I had to hurry for work.

McCoy called me shortly after I got out of bed, "You son of a bitch, you got me drunk and sent me home like a teenager?" he seemed aggravated.

"Correction, you got yourself drunk and then I sent you home." I set the phone on speaker and went to the bathroom to wash my teeth.

"My savior, jessh..get your ass down at the station, I don't know what we did but the captain wants us in asap!" I could hear gulp some water.

"I'll take a shower, come and pick me up in 15." I got undressed and entered the shower.

The last think MCCoy said was a semi ok. The old man couldn't party anymore as he used to.

After the shower I got dressed took my wallet keys and phones and took off to meet McCoy downstairs.

"Jesus, what's with that face." I started to laugh my ass out. McCoy's face was all swollen and red.

"I think I'm allergic to something in the air. Shut up." He turned on the radio and drove to the station ignoring me totally.

When we reached the office out captain saw us and signaled for us to get in.

"Look party boys, I hope you got some intel from that party and you didn't get drunk for nothing, we will discuss that later." He looked at McCoy with his brows furrowed.

"What's with...Oh I don't want to know."

"So what's the news boss?" I asked him grinning, he was still inspecting McCoy's face, de did look like a big red apple.

The captain looked then at me "We got a new lead, a couple of the Chinese guys are missing and guess what? No one knows where they are."

"Do we have any witnesses or someone who can really vouch for the fact that they are missing as in killed?" I straightened my back, God it hurt.

The captain reached for the desk drawer and retrieved a picture.
Sasha was in a car looking at a Chinese guy, she had a gun pointed at him. The picture was maxed zoom, as if it was taken by accident and someone observed what was happening in the background.

The images from the party flooded my mind, her on the desk...moaning for me, her lips on ...

"Jack are you listening?" the captain was giving me odd looks.

"What the fuck happened last night, you.." he pointed to McCoy" look like a frickin' tomato and you are daydreaming, wake up! It's time for work, focus!! We did nit bring you in to party!"

McCoy sighed "I just ate something bad. Looks like I am allergic to something, maybe it's something in the air."

"Go to the hospital and get yourself checked. Now! I need you fresh!" The captain then looked at me "You stay here and write a declaration of what you have observed at the party. And then go to the archives and retrieve the Chinese files. Find the missing information, we need to move fast."

We got out of the captain's office each of us doing what he instructed. There was no doubt about it, something was about to happen and Sasha left me out.

In the declaration I didn't have much to say except the discussion and the England part. I knew it was fake but in case McCoy also read it the information should be the same as he heard it.

The Chinese were a silent group, while Sasha's were always noisy, fighting for money and land. I compared the two maps, Sasha's neighborhood had more open space, while the Chinese had more buildings, always crowded.

I had a hunch about all of this Sasha sent someone to kill the Russian head of the mob while he was in a meeting with the Chinese head of the mob, so it will look as if the Chinese did it.
The Chinese gave us an anonymous tip, that didn't work and then they threatened Sasha...big, biiig mistake.

They sent people after her, she hot mad and killed them. My the look on her face in that picture, she looked really pissed off. And I bet this woman is fucking scary when she is in that mood.

But there is something I don't understand, how come the Russians did not attack the Red Painted Neighborhood? What happened with their organization, and then it clicked, what if they joined forces with the Chinese to get Sasha down from her position.

That did not sound well at all...

Writer's note: The police captain's picture.