Chapter 10

Sasha's pov
After Jack left I knew it was time to pay a visit to the Russians.

I needed some time to think about this, if I sent two of my assassins?

They will kill him, but there is always the possibility to get caught.

What if I sabotage his business?

He'll know it's us, too soon.

If I wait, he'll think we are weak, and we are nothing but that.

Ok, so I have to kill him myself. How? Infiltrating his house won't be that hard but it's too risky.
I can't let people see him with me so meeting and poisoning him is out of the question.

I'll have to suit up and kill him on the streets, make it as clean as possible.

The Russians had only one street, and that was highly supervised. No, it's not good...

Marius opened the door, "Miss, Hawk wants to see you." That's when it clicked, pay Hawk to kill him during one of his meetings, people will think he was shot by whom he was meeting. Perfect.

"Send him in." Marius nodded and let Hawk in.

Hawk came in the neighborhood two days after I got in, he was trained in the same academy as me, you could say we knew each other.

"Hello beautiful." He smiled, he was tall, black raven hair cut short, hazel eyes, bright smile, all dressed in black. He was the best sniper and I did kind of trust him.

"Stop calling me that, we are not in the academy anymore." I chuckled. He was the only man that lived after calling me sweet names.

He went to the bar and poured himself a whiskey glass and a martini for me, dry just as I liked it.

I sat myself at the desk while he handed me my drink and took a seat opposite me, "How is business Sasha?" his face gave nothing, of course...we were trained by the same people, but I had an advantage, I knew how to work my charms.

"Good, yours?" He winked at me and got a bit closer to the desk.

"I want you to help me with something." He grinned, well this could work perfectly for me.

"Tell me, how can I help?" I took a sip of my martini.

"I need safe passage for someone."

This was awkward, I never knew Hawk had friends.

"Who?" I furrowed my brows.

"I...a friend of mine." He set the glass down and sighed.

"I found my brother Sasha, I thought he was dead, I need to take care of him, he's 15, I can't leave him in the streets, I thought he died in the fire as my parents, but he was saved by a woman, she raised him but...it looks like the boy became a little rascal and he started to be a thief...I almost killed him Sash...he was one of my targets." Hawk got up and poured another drink for himself. I was speechless.

"Look, I know what they said in training. And you know I never missed a target, but he's my brother...I just couldn't." He got closer to my chair and kneeled in front of me, setting his hand on my chair.

I looked at him, there was sadness in his eyes, I never saw that on his face.

"Hawk, get him in, but you'll have to take care of him. I'll give you the southwest apartment on the roof, it's bigger and the guys there are not as bad." I took his hand in mine, I don't know what I did that, for comfort maybe.

His eyes gleamed with happiness," Thank you, gorgeous, tell me how can I repay you?" That was what I was waiting for.

"I need someone dead, a Russian. Will you do that for me?" I gulped down my last martini.

"Sure will, give me a picture and it's done." He kissed my hand again, winked and went out the door.

Good, now that things were settled I decided to go home and have a bath.

I called Marius and in twenty minutes I got home, the chef made sushi, prepared a bottle of wine and left. Leaving me alone for some peace and quiet.

My bathroom was quite impressive with white and black marble. I prepared a bath and got in.

My muscles were sore...I closed my eyes for a second. A faint ring started to disrupt my silence. Who the fuck wants to be shot in the fucking head tonight?

I got out of the bath leaving a trail of water and bubbles behind me...my phone was on the kitchen counter, Jack's name highlighted the screen.

"What?" I spat in the speaker.

"We need to talk. Meet me at the diner in 20." And he hung up.

What, the fuck, who does this guy think he is?

I grabbed a pair of black jeans a black blouse and snickers, got my phone keys and credit cards and got out. Of course I had a gun at my back, I never leave without one, even when I'd dressed in a dress I have one. I feel safer like this.

My blue Ferrari was parked at the back of my parking lot, hello beautiful car, it's been a while. I wanted to go alone, I don't know why but I just did.

In a couple of minutes I reached the diner, my hair still wet from the bath, and I had no makeup.

Jack was at the back of the diner, smiling at me. I almost got my gun out and shot him right there, too many witnesses.

I approached the table...

"Hello Sasha, how are you this evening?"

"Cut to the chase Jack, what's up?" I took a seat at the table.

A waiter came and brought me vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, the same that I was eating...a couple of days ago. My mouth fell open.

Jack grinned, his eyes sparkled "I thought maybe you'll want some ice cream, and have a talk."

I was speechless, is he kidding me?