Chapter 13

Sasha's pov
I finished my work and went to the firm. The organized team for managing the party will be shortly in.
The meeting with my PR went well, we discussed how to make things public at the party.

"I am sure that New York's finest would love some publicity, but not much. How about the first hour of the party? The media could get what they want, pictures, interviews, the people will get publicity, but after that hour nothing more. They are private people, we should respect that."

She had common sense, that was what I liked about her. " Sure, that sounds great. I will make sure that the location will be fully supervised by my associates all the time. No one will enter the party if they are not invited. All exits will be taken care of."

This party was important, if I failed, the New York's finest will never accept me in their group. Yes, I was the new girl and they expected me to fail. That will never happen.

"Miss thank you for your time. Should I send Daisy in? She will be managing the party along with Rick." I nodded. Rick was the best party planner in New York, it took me a hole week to persuade him in working for me, he declined a major rock-star for this opportunity. And I really appreciated that.

After my PR left Rick and Daisy came in, "Hello miss Sasha, happy to see you. How is business?"
Rick was always a gentleman. He kissed my hand and seated himself opposite me.

"Fine thank you, so what do you have for me?" I grinned. He was a specialist, his parties were exquisite.

"I was thinking about a theme party. What do you think?" He grinned, by the look on his face he already had it all planned.

"What theme do you have in mind, Rick?" It was interesting.

"How about a 20's theme? A movie theme, gangsters in tuxedos and women in flashy gowns."

"I love that!" Said Daisy clapping her hands "I know the right band for this! Also we all know that they expect presents how about some fine cuban cigars for the men and broaches with feathers for the women?"

I thought about it. It was indeed a really good idea but.." If we do this Rick, I want to make things clear, no fake guns, no guns whatsoever. We all know those times were too dangerous, we don't want to have drunk people carrying guns."
I gave him a serious look and he understood, "Sure Miss, we will make things clear." He smiled but there was a bit of uneasiness in his eyes.

"Good, I want update daily at what we have accomplished. You have 6 days, not 7...starting now. I wish you good luck!" I got up from my seat shook their hands said my goodbyes and went to my office, I had to talk to Marius about this.

I called him and asked for him to come up, " Yes miss, how can I help?"

"The party will have a theme, the 20's you know what kind of people they were, and some of our guests are eccentric, I would like 35 bodyguards to attend this party. I want them to keep the paparazzi away from the people after the hour I gave them for interviews and pictures. And no guns, any type of gun is forbidden, I don't care if it creates bubbles, I want no guns."

I sighed and rubbed my temples, you know Vasily is dead, if they would only suspect me, this party will bring a lot of death. They could infiltrate or even pay one of the guests to do it. I don't want to take any chances."

"Also, I want this to be legal call Mr MCCoy and give him an invitation for two. The police's influence will help us keep spirits at bay."

Marius looked surprised " You want the police, at the party miss, but wouldn't that inform them with who you will be working soon or.." he seated himself down.

I understood his point of view, he was right but.." McCoy will be with Jack at the party. Jack works for us, he will influence McCoy as much as it will be needed." I smiled at him, he had doubts but he also understood my point of view.

"You want them to understand that you are only doing legal business, that's why you are changing the Red Velvet, isn't that so miss?" His doubts faded. Good, it was a good sign of loyalty and trust.

"Yes Marius, but I would need something from you. Remember Alexander our good friend from block C, he's a good researcher, I suggested a private investigator job, he turned it down, the guy likes to go nasty, anyway I need you to work with him, make him sign a contract for 2 days."

"I will give you the list of people who will be attending, I want him to dig in all of their past and present, see which one of them could be affiliated with the russians also at the entry door the list will also have pictures, new ones I want him to take care of that also. Who does not look like the picture will be cuffed and thrown in the fridge, I want you to contact me if it will be the case."

Marius nodded at each word I said " I will take care of that miss, it's a good plan. Should I take the liberty in obtaining the buildings architectural plans? Make sure no one can get in?"

Oh this guy was good " Sure. You do that. That's all, I will be going to a dress shop soon, shall I pick a tuxedo for you?" He smiled, "Thank you miss, that would be appreciated."
He bowed and left.

I had a favorite dress shop near the city center, Margaret was the owner, she designs really nice dresses, I must see her and choose what to wear.

I wasn't much of a party lover, but this was interesting.